Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Too much action??

I have no idea why this hand is showing up with me as a SB poster. I could have sworn villian was UTG and I was BB. I was playing several tables so maybe I timed out at some point or maybe the converter went screwy.

Anyway, Villian was only known from datamining for 30 min. prior + a few orbits. 34/11/2.

The river pulls me ahead of more than half the combinations I was behind on the turn so I went for the cap

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
BB calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: Too much action??

If you were BB and villain UTG, did he openraise and you called from BB? If that was the case I would c/r flop. I think you can dare a cap on river against most villains here, since there's not many hands that beat you.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were BB and villain UTG, did he openraise and you called from BB? If that was the case I would c/r flop. I think you can dare a cap on river against most villains here, since there's not many hands that beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a limped PF situation wheather he was UTG or BB. I was playing it under the assumption he had OL UTG.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a limped PF situation wheather he was UTG or BB. I was playing it under the assumption he had OL UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you c/c flop then? I would bet this flop for value against a limper.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would bet this flop for value, so he can fold all the hands he is drawing dead with?

Betting here heads up is a serious leak. Just check, he will bet, you c/r, and bet every street.

If he checks the flop, then you can check the turn, or bet the turn if a drawy looking card hits.

Given the flop action, I'm capping the turn, and bet-3betting the river.

If he has AT, or A7, then Thank you Small Blind.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would bet this flop for value, so he can fold all the hands he is drawing dead with?

Betting here heads up is a serious leak. Just check, he will bet, you c/r, and bet every street.

If he checks the flop, then you can check the turn, or bet the turn if a drawy looking card hits.

Given the flop action, I'm capping the turn, and bet-3betting the river.

If he has AT, or A7, then Thank you Small Blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was one of the worst posts in while...

What hands is he "drawing dead with"?
How do you know he will bet flop?
Why should we check turn if he check flop? That is just stupid.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Hey Guys sorry i haven't responded back to this post sooner. Was in AC all day. Glad to see my post provided some entertainment for the forum.

I haven't read every post in depth as I just got in and need to spent some time with the wife. Just as in Poker balance is the key.

Obviously I agree that checking the flop is optimal or I wouldn't have done it. What I don't necessarily agree with is C/R the flop if thats what is being recommended here. I play many a flop fast but I feel in this case my hand is so strong against 34/11 UTG limper as opposed to a 34/4 super passive player, for example, that will limp many an Ace UTG.

If I C/R the flop I think this player will dump many a hand including complete air which makes up a large part of his range.

Please elaborate on the recommendation to C/R the flop here if it hasn't been done yet. If it has then just ignore this request and I'll get to tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:29 PM

he's going to be giving up a lot on the turn with his bluffs but may make an ego/"metagame" call on the flop ("can't let this guy think he can push me around", or "can't let him think that I was on a total bluff"). he could also take free cards with live draws. if he has a strong 2nd best hand waiting until the turn will be more likely to freeze him up and kill your action as it represents more strength than a flop c/r
Old 07-21-2007, 08:36 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

GVasa is super-wrong all through this thread. Pretty clear that he plays a style that attempts to limit the times he gets sucked out on, and doesn't focus on making as much money as possible.

I don't know what limits or what sites he plays on, but from his tone and logic in this thread, I am pretty sure he'd get eaten alive in the games I regularly play (Which are not big games)