Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM

Default A Week Ago... (Graphs, PT, etc.)

One week ago I was taking a couple days off from poker. I was playing 100nl and had a few thousand dollars online, but was getting into kind of heavy debt in real life with a lot of expenses I still needed to take care of after moving. I was feeling kind of down, and knew I was going to actually have to put in some real hours this month so I could make some money; none of this 10-15 hours/week [censored].

But before that, I was set on taking a break and getting regrouped before my long grind. The break started on Sunday afternoon, and finally on Friday I decided to play a couple HU donk n go's just for fun. I hadn't taken more than 1-2 days off from playing any poker in a pretty long while (lol addiction?), and I actually missed it. This was the first time I'd actually played poker for fun in ages, and it was nice.

The next night, Saturday, I again decided to play just for the fun of it. So I made some dinner, started watching a movie, and registered for the first decent MTT that was starting. That turned out to be a 50r on FTP.

So I 1-tabled a donkament while watching a movie and, somehow, 5 hours later I had won it for $5400.

Now, that's obviously not anything even BBV-worthy, but for a 100nl player in money trouble, it was pretty [censored] nice. Especially since 2007 has not been kind to me when it comes to donkaments. The 3 major FTs I had made over the last few months all ended in standard jokeament fashion with me finishing like 6th to 9th in all of them.

So, needless to say, I was excited.

Winning that money was going to open doors for me. I could pay off my debt, take a trip, and move back to 200nl. Good times were on the horizon.

But little did I know how good and how soon I would be rewarded.

Sunday morning I decided to start back with 200nl, here are the results since, including shots at 400nl and 600nl:

From Saturday to Wednesday:

5 hours of MTT + 4 hours of cash = 9 hours

$5400 from MTT + $4500 from cash = $9900

Not too [censored] shabby for someone who was ready to grind their ass off at 100nl for a month.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: A Week Ago... (Graphs, PT, etc.)

Nice to hear that, glad things worked out for you.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 AM

This is actually a sign you should grind your ass off for the month. So strong was the destiny and committment of your willingness to grind that the universe rewarded you early. It was meant to be, so grrrrrind.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 AM

Teach me how to be good like you?

Or how I can grow a big e-penis? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol dramaticforeshadowments

Good to see your back in the saddle after getting donkbombed by escobarr.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what happened there? I asked a few friends if I played poorly, but they didn't watch and/or said I totally dominated him at the beginning and then they stopped watching.

I remember about 5 hands from those 3 or 4 hours or whatever and I have no idea how I ended up losing. Did I play badly? I probably should blame smoking an eighth that day, but never can I say a harsh word about my sweet Mary Jane.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Very nice indeed though I dont know why you didnt grind 100nl for a bit to make it an even 10k!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, what happened there? I asked a few friends if I played poorly, but they didn't watch and/or said I totally dominated him at the beginning and then they stopped watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much watched the whole thing, though not intently at all times. He's not a bad player by any means, and he was running pretty hot. Plus you started paying off too many things, so I guess that qualifies as bad.

He is a total douchebag though.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember about 5 hands from those 3 or 4 hours or whatever and I have no idea how I ended up losing. Did I play badly? I probably should blame smoking an eighth that day, but never can I say a harsh word about my sweet Mary Jane.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were winning early being super aggro but then you stopped after getting burned a few times and became more passive with your play(as we both did.. mainly because I had made a desicion to get hands and get full value from them because no matter how I played you still paid off).

You said I was playing like a nit, if thats the case 5 betting AI with AJ and AQ is not good and its NOT a cooler.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:01 PM

Grats man... You left out the part about Escobarrrrrrrrr tho