Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 08:30 AM

Default lost in call-fest

Stars 5/10 5 handed

villain1 in CO is 35/7/0.2 over ~100 hands.
villain2 in SB is 40/1/0, donks any pair, folds rivers a lot w$SD 64.
OneofYouLot in BB is one of you lot 27/20/2ish type

hero UTG 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero raises, villain1 calls, villain2 calls, OneofYouLot calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villain2 donks, OneofYouLot calls, I raise, everyone calls.
Villain2 probably has a pair, haven't seen villain2 cold call flops much but who knows

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked round. I'd given this one up, should I fire again?

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

villain2 bets, OneofYouLot calls, hero raises, villain2 folds, villain2 calls, OneofYouLot 3bets, hero calls, villain2 folds.

cap or call?

Ta
Old 07-10-2007, 08:38 AM

Default Re: lost in call-fest

I'd probably bet the turn as my last money.

Here I don't cap. You basically have the second nuts to J9 but it would be weird for him to show up with something else here. Maybe 77/33 but that would be such a lame flop slowplay.

Meh, it looks closer everytime I look at it.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:45 AM

That is such a weird line from the 2p2 guy. What the hell?

I am calling the river but betting the turn is standard for me
Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 AM

tag sucks if he shows up here with J9, flop call is bad given the situation. his river play sucks too, no reason for him to think you're even going to call one. whatever I would reward his retarded play and cap it.

also I fire the turn.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tag sucks if he shows up here with J9, flop call is bad given the situation. his river play sucks too, no reason for him to think you're even going to call one. whatever I would reward his retarded play and cap it.

also I fire the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so he sucks if he has J9. What does he have if he is good then? His riverplay is horrible no matter what he has, but it screams monster.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:12 PM

that was my first thought too jba, but getting like 9:1 I can see a lot of tags trying to peel with J9 and a bdfd here even if they should just muck to the donk with the pfr and cold caller behind. Heck he mite even with 96 and a bdfd thinking he ll be double gutted on a few turns as well (4 or 5).

him going for ur overcall on the river is pretty retarded in my opinion tho if he rivered a straight (since u and villain 1 checked behind the turn), but villain 1 did call 2 on the flop so hed probably call a bet closing the action.

On the river I dont mind not capping and trying to go for villain 2s overcall (im guessing the first time on the river it says villain 2 folds thats really villain 1 rite? and also under the flop action thats villain1 not 2 rite?). Cappings probably not too bad tho esp if u think villain 2 sucks and will call 2 with anything TP or better at this point.

I tend to think oneofyoulot got fancy with a worse set and whiffed on the turn then tried desperately on the river to make up for it (I think his river 3bet kinda sucks tho with 77 since u probably have 88 or J9 always after this line huh chez), itd definitely make me feel better capping though if he was not the type to just call TT here preflop, just a couple more combos we dont have to worry about besides the gutter.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 PM

I don't think he sucks at all here if he has J9. Just calling the river is dumb (but it would be with 77 too) but I don't mind his flop peel that much, though it's definitely close. OP isn't always raising though and his draw is totally clean and to the nuts getting 6:1 or better if it's two bets.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:37 PM

Flop is close between a call and a raise..
A TAG just calling there would make me a bit nervous because im not sure if they're capable of calling a gutshot or not.. If not, they likely have 77 or 33 and will show their true colors on the turn, which without initiatve you can get away from.

As played, you must bet the turn.. Your probabily not ahead but it's certainly worth a bet given the size of the pot. Your inposition so you can check behind the river, and you will almost never get bluff raised on this turn.

River, his play is consitant with 77/33.. But it's possible he could have J9.. One of those things where youd need a read on his flop peeling tendencies. More combinations of J9 than 77/33, but discount J9 a bit... Id call to suck the other villain in.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, you must bet the turn.. Your probabily not ahead but it's certainly worth a bet given the size of the pot. Your inposition so you can check behind the river, and you will almost never get bluff raised on this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not in position, CO cold called the flop raise which was my reason, at the time, for giving up.

chez
Old 07-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Thanks all, seems I give too much respect to flop cold-callers on non-drawy boards.

OneofYouLot didn't have J9 or a set but he did win.

chez