Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: now what?
raise all in 25 75.76%
call 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Default I\'m disguised but that makes two of us.

Commerce 20/40 (9 Players)
UTG is a terrible loose passive who cannot get away from hands postflop. Everyone with a brain at the table has been trying to isolate him. His opening range is probably a little loose here for UTG b/c he has demonstrated lack of knowledge about position though I don’t know how close MP2 actually pays attention to that.

MP2 has been quiet for the 3-4 hours we’ve been playing. He’s only ever opened with a raise and played pretty standard and straightforward. However, I haven’t seen anything special or even remember any showdowns because it appears he’s been cold decked for this whole time.

SB is an aggressive LAG from the other hand I posted. Unimportant here.

Preflop:
UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 bets, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero...

Tell me what Villain has or cannot have. Then tell me what to do.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: I\'m disguised but that makes two of us.

CR river all day. He doesn't have JJ or a flush.

Actually, I think a B3B is good too.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:38 PM

"Actually, I think a B3B is good too."

Moi ausi (me too)
Old 07-07-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 20/40 (9 Players)
UTG is a terrible loose passive who cannot get away from hands postflop. Everyone with a brain at the table has been trying to isolate him. His opening range is probably a little loose here for UTG b/c he has demonstrated lack of knowledge about position though I don’t know how close MP2 actually pays attention to that.

MP2 has been quiet for the 3-4 hours we’ve been playing. He’s only ever opened with a raise and played pretty standard and straightforward. However, I haven’t seen anything special or even remember any showdowns because it appears he’s been cold decked for this whole time.

SB is an aggressive LAG from the other hand I posted. Unimportant here.

Preflop:
UTG raises, MP2 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked through.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP2 bets, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero...

Tell me what Villain has or cannot have. Then tell me what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont think it matters. You cant cr here. He is putting you on a flush or sd draw most likely. You have to bet.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:17 PM

Fold preflop, bet river.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM

check-raise. It's highly unlikely that he has a flush given his 3-bet. It's incredibly unlikely that he could have a hand like TT or JJ given that he checked the flop (not to mention that a player that checks the flop does not bet the turn!).

Most likely he has AK and is passive, so he'll bet the river 2 pair but won't raise. If he's getting tricky with QQ you get 2 bets this way as well.

good luck.
Eric
Old 07-07-2007, 05:51 PM

I hate check-raising here. He'll check behind with way too many hands, especially given description as a straight-forward, passive player. I think everyone is too convinced that he'll auto-raise this river with AK+ hands, and I don't think that's true...nor do I think he'll auto-bet them given the way the hand played out. Make sure you get at least one bet.

If he does raise, I'd always 3-bet here since no flush makes sense for him after the preflop reraise.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:57 PM

And I agree that folding PF makes a lot more sense than calling.

I really think MP2 will bet and call if checked to, but I just can't see him going "hmmm... yeah i gotta raise once" and raising. Maybe because he's running bad, but I think you can easily get at least 2 bets out of this on average.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:31 PM

this is a super duper easy check raise situation, bc this board is liking villain's range very very much and you're almost guaranteed to have him bet at it, unless he has a lower kind of pp, with which he probably wouldn't even call a river bet with anyway

most opponents I play would just call a river bet, in fear of the flush, with most hands they would bet with when checked to, not allowing you to 3-town, giving you only 1 bet, they are all calling a c/r though, bc they have to know
Old 07-11-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate check-raising here. He'll check behind with way too many hands, especially given description as a straight-forward, passive player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our definitions of passive are very different. Top 2 pair is plenty for anyone to bet without a read that goes way beyond just "passive", IMO.

-eric