Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Yet another tent fiasco

I arrived at 1pm to play the $1000 mega satellite. The entire tournament area was empty except for 2 tables playing 2-7 no limit triple draw. For some reason we were sent to a sweltering tent. Everyone was complaining. Some people got up and went to try and get a refund. After three 1/2 hour rounds;we were sent on break; we asked to move to the open tournament area. That was assigned to the 4pm mega we were advised. They claimed they were worling on the temperature and would have it fixed by the end of the break. When we returned from break; the room was hotter than before. We played about another 10 minutes; then finally we were told that play would be suspended and we would move to the main tournament area at about 330 pm. By the time we moved, the 4pm mega players were ready to take their seats in the seats we were moving to. There was so much confusion that they posptoned the 4pm mega to 6pm to get everything straightened out. The chips were bagged and brought to the new tables. Several players got back to the tent to find their table already moved and could not locate their "new" table. The staff had rushed the restart and now there were about 5 players just standing with a supervisor who could not locate their seats. Finally an announcement came over the speakers. Players in the 1pm Mega; look over here; if you recognize any of these players as from your original table before the move raise your hand. And i thought things couldnt get any worse.........
Old 07-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Yet another tent fiasco

If you say Harrah's really quickly, it sounds like "harass".
Old 07-06-2007, 01:58 AM

Good one! It's like at the fireworks show: First, little bangs with spaces and the occasional really bright or big bang. Then, a whole bunch of bangs, a really really big bright bang, and then the grand finale.

I'm excited for some sweet screw up stories.

Devo
Old 07-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Whoever said poker is not a sport never had to play in the canvas oven. Hopefully the cocktail servers bring you cups of Gatorade to pour over your head...
Old 07-06-2007, 10:52 AM

This years WSOP theme "Customer Abuse is King"
Old 07-06-2007, 07:14 PM

Did you guys see where they are running satallites all the way up until the morning of the 4th day one?

Whew ... they really want to pack them in, that's for sure (and I'm guessing this is the REAL reason they added another day one)!

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/to...309&sats=1

I wonder if these will be ran in the tent as well?

I sure hope not, as I was thinking of playing in one myself.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I arrived at 1pm to play the $1000 mega satellite. The entire tournament area was empty except for 2 tables playing 2-7 no limit single draw. For some reason we were sent to a sweltering tent. Everyone was complaining. Some people got up and went to try and get a refund. After three 1/2 hour rounds;we were sent on break; we asked to move to the open tournament area. That was assigned to the 4pm mega we were advised. They claimed they were worling on the temperature and would have it fixed by the end of the break. When we returned from break; the room was hotter than before. We played about another 10 minutes; then finally we were told that play would be suspended and we would move to the main tournament area at about 330 pm. By the time we moved, the 4pm mega players were ready to take their seats in the seats we were moving to. There was so much confusion that they posptoned the 4pm mega to 6pm to get everything straightened out. The chips were bagged and brought to the new tables. Several players got back to the tent to find their table already moved and could not locate their "new" table. The staff had rushed the restart and now there were about 5 players just standing with a supervisor who could not locate their seats. Finally an announcement came over the speakers. Players in the 1pm Mega; look over here; if you recognize any of these players as from your original table before the move raise your hand. And i thought things couldnt get any worse.........

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

No, seriously, this tent thing just defies belief. They're not out of the woods yet either, as far as someone dying or being seriously hurt in there from heat-related causes. Lawsuit city. Imagine how many friend-of-the-plaintiff briefs would get filed in those suits.

Symptomatic of the fact that they don't start preparing for the next WSOP until about a week beforehand; all the time since the end of the previous one is spent on promotion, mostly of the "self-" variety.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:50 PM

Is there any other convention or group thing in LV that would be forced to settle for the world's hottest tent?
No way I'm guessing.

8-zillion conventions in LV but I bet every one of them when they pay their money pretty much assure that they won't be stuck in 100+ degree heat.

Harrah's cares a ton about poker players and treating them well....NOT!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:24 AM

Frankly, if I were stuck in that damn tent, I'd show up with a Doctor's note saying he wouldn't take any liability for me playing under such conditions, because of my disability. For which they must make reasonable accommadations. The rest of you should be screaming about uneven playing conditions, which, are illegal. Everyone must participate in a contest/or sporting event under the most similar conditions the organizer can arrange. This is not it. Some fancy class action outfit could come by and sign up the bust outs from the tent.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:56 AM

They should have dropped one of those GIANT cans of Milwaukee Bestlight??? cans of beer on the damn tent .....obviously when NO card players were playing,but when those honcho's were pontificating this brilliant idea while inside it in 117 thousand degrees heat,and end it at that.

The whole tent charade was a travesty,as soon as the first incident occurred with the wind early in the series,and should have been ditched from there.There are a ton of un-used conference rooms that would have been perfect in every regard.

But why ACTUALLY THINK?

What were these nitwits in charge ......waiting for a tent collapse,....or maybe even a cold-blooded ESKIMO to drop in those conditions,used to much lower tempatures?

What a joke!

~stephen feraca [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]