Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Bottom set & missed raises

2nd hand of the sessions @ PS .25/.50 limit 10 max

Villain is UTG with no reads
Hero in MP3 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain calls, Hero raises, Villain calls

Flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5.5 SB 2 players

Villain bets, Hero calls

Thought for a few moments about raising since I have the best hand and make him pay if he is on a straight or flush draw but decided to raise on the turn.

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3.5 BB 2 players

Decided not to raise and take cheap SD route.

Villain bets, Hero calls

River T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5.5 BB 2 players

Villain bets and ofcourse I call

Did I miss any raises here? I just can't see where I can raise or push Villain off his holdings.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Bottom set & missed raises

Just bet your frikken hand already.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM

I don't quite get the preflop raise against UTG limper. You wanna hit a set and you want more people to come along. I limp behind.

Flop call is baaaaaaaaaaaad. Never slowplay if the board is so coordinated. Bet, raise, reraise, like there is no tomorrow. Notjing wrong with taking the pot right there. See how you got yourself in trouble when a heart fell. Which doesn't mean crap in this situation, and no reason to slow down by the way.

About the only place I can agree with is the river. The rest is no good. Stop being so weak tight.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM

Raise the flop. The problem with waiting on that board is that a lot of cards may scare villain into checking the turn, or scare you into not raising as happened here.

EDIT: I missed this:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't quite get the preflop raise against UTG limper. You wanna hit a set and you want more people to come along. I limp behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

77 is not a set draw if the pot will probably be 3handed or less. 66/55 is not a set draw if the pot will be HU. 44-22 are not set draws if the pot will be HU and you have position and/or really know what you're doing. One pair is a hand too and I think not raising 77 in hero's spot is at best marginally correct and at worst a serious mistake.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is MP3. The chances of getting a couple more limpers after him are quite small.

UTG villain is not likely holding a pocket pair better than 7s, so hero should definitely raise to protect what is probably the best hand and increase his chances of winning the pot postflop.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:05 PM

OK, I would say it depends on the people left to act and table dynamics. I want either HU or 4-5 people in the pot with 77.

What if button cold-calls and blinds come along? How much is that 77 worth in 5-handed pot without a set?
Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 PM

If that happened, 5 player, and I did not hit my set, I would fold. On a better board I would be betting if I hit my set
Old 06-29-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I would say it depends on the people left to act and table dynamics. I want either HU or 4-5 people in the pot with 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you have against 77 3-handed, but it's still a decent hand in that situation, too.

[ QUOTE ]
What if button cold-calls and blinds come along? How much is that 77 worth in 5-handed pot without a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you get 3-bet? What if the early position player LRRs? You can't start playing these games because you're playing to the less probable situations.

If you raise 77 and get a coldcaller and both blinds, then you evaluate your position on the flop.

The most common situation (unless you have reads) is that you knock out the players behind you and maybe the big blind comes along. On the flop, they will usually check to you and you will usually bet.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is always going to happen this would be the situation where raising is marginally wrong. I say marginally wrong because I'd gladly call 2 cold if I knew it was going to be just 2 bets and the pot would be 5-handed, even with as bad as 22. If button doesn't come along and we're playing 4-handed with position then that's pretty good for us. If only one overcard flops they won't always have it.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:07 PM

I guess after reading the posts the past few weeks, I should have raised and then if 3-bet I would have to re-evaluate/slow down/fold.