Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 05:25 AM

Default 10K PLO wsop

so apparently in the 10K PLO event at wsop you can either start with 20K in chips, or you can start with 10K and then add another 10K whenever you want thru the first 3 levels.

i dont know much about tourney strategy so was just wondering which is better.

thanks.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:29 AM

Default Re: 10K PLO wsop

Post here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...;Board=mtthigh

In general, always start with the maximum chips unless nobody else at the table does the same. The times you double, you want 40k, not 20k with the option of another 10k.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:08 AM

You are (a lot) less likely to double up to 40k than you are to double up to 20k(30k with the added 10k).
Old 06-22-2007, 07:18 AM

I may be missing something but I can't think of a logical reason why you wouldn't want to start with as many chips as possible...
Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be missing something but I can't think of a logical reason why you wouldn't want to start with as many chips as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's pointless until somebody else at the table also has a double stack and there isn't the need to get those chips because you can't as soon as you increase over the starting stack so I don't think it's mandatory as it would be in a single rebuy online.

Also, depending on your opponents, it's worth at least considering a situation where everyone buys x2 first hand, you don't but double that hand. At that point, you can eliminate anyone but no one can eliminate you.

Also, blinds to stacks and the PL structure means that it's going to be a lot harder to simply stack people as it is in NLHE set>overpair first hand.

All of this said, I still think that I'd rather not be in a situation where a double stack shows themselves willing to stack off early with a worse hand and I cannot take all of the chips they have on the table.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:54 AM

I play a fair amount of one rebuy mtts online, however mostly NLHE and I rebuy straight off everytime.

[ QUOTE ]
...it's worth at least considering a situation where everyone buys x2 first hand, you don't but double that hand. At that point, you can eliminate anyone but no one can eliminate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see the point you are making, but if you use this example but instead you rebought first hand as well as everyone else, and you won the same sized pot you increase your stack to 30k+ anyway and are in the same situation with everyone else on <20k...
Old 06-22-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it's pointless until somebody else at the table also has a double stack...

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet at least 1 other person add's on straight away.