Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Ask me about my lunch - Qdoba vs. Baja Fresh - I had both! (Brag)

They just opened a new Qdoba near my office. It's a half block from the Baja Fresh. I couldn't decide which one I wanted so of course I did both, ldo.

At Qdoba I had the Shredded Beef Burrito with the pintos for choice of beans, pico de gallo for salsa choice, cheese and sour cream.

At Baja Fresh I had the Burrito Mexicano, Enchilado Style, with the carnitas.

My thoughts on how they compare:

- I don't care for how Qdoba steams the tortilla first. It holds the burrito together a little better, but it makes the tortilla sticky and gummy.

- I like the way Qdoba has the line set up where they ask you item by item what you want on your burrito. The line at Baja Fresh sucks, and the menu is more static.

- The furniture at Baja Fresh it really annoying. All they have are these really uncomfortable metal chairs that are really tall like barstools and they make a lot of noise when you scoot them in and out.

- I really like the Enchilado Style option for burritos at Baja Fresh.

- I really like the salsa bar at Baja Fresh. Qdoba has no salsa bar, which sucks.

- Baja Fresh serves chips with their food. Qdoba wants you to pay like $1.79 for chips. Wtf?

- Both places have the option to sit outside, which is really nice since it's a nice day out.

- Prices are comparable.

- Overall the food was of comparable quality, I might give a slight edge to Qdoba but I think Baja Fresh's portions were a little bigger.

(this is not really an ask me thread, but it seems to be the thing to do today)
Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Ask me about my lunch - Qdoba vs. Baja Fresh

It's thursday.

Also, I never get to play in these threads cuz I stopped eating big lunches. But last night I went to California Tortilla and played the counterman HU RPS and won a dollar and got the Jerk Chicken burrito which was ok. Chips, salsa, queso= meh.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:30 PM

ZOMG, I HAD QDOBA 2, WTF?!?!?!!?!?!?!??

<Hey Tone, u want I should send the kid out for baja fresh?>
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 PM

do they have qdoba's on the west coast? i had it in north carolina when i was there over summer and it was awesome, but i cannot find one here (los angeles), the same is true of sonic.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Went back to Qdoba today where I realized I'm a big fan of any employer that hires all 16 year-old girls and has them wear t-shirts with "Get Naked!" emblazoned across their firm teenaged boobs.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Chipotle > Qdoba
Old 06-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Ask me about my lunch - Qdoba vs. Baja Fresh - I had both! (Brag)

Qdoba is the [censored]. I know they don't serve chips, but, really one of the massive burritos has me completely stuffed. I really couldn't manage chips as well. They don't have a salsa bar, but, they'll make the burrito as hot as you want it which is a major plus since hot food is awesome.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:18 PM

I'm from Texas and living in Dallas I had a Qdoba, Chipotle, Baja Fresh, and Freebirds all within a 2 mile radius of where I lived. I love Mexican food, especially burritos, and have been to each place to eliminate variance due to my large sample.

Here are my findings:

Qdoba > Freebirds > Chipotle > Baja Fresh.

Qdoba's got the burritos, the soft and hard tacos, and great quesadillas, with plenty of fresh options to add on top.

Freebirds has more of a variety, but something about their chicken is off. Not sure about the beef.

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, so obv. not good. Although I did eat there yesterday (I now live in Austin, and it is the closest to campus) and I will admit, I had a good burrito bowl with fresh guacamole.

Baja Fresh is crap. Been there once, and will never go back. In fact, all the one's in Austin went out of business b/c of Chipotle.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm from Texas and living in Dallas I had a Qdoba, Chipotle, Baja Fresh, and Freebirds all within a 2 mile radius of where I lived. I love Mexican food, especially burritos, and have been to each place to eliminate variance due to my large sample.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uuuuhhh, if you're living in Texas and you eat at any of those places you should be shot. Also, if you're from Texas and actually consider any of those Mexican food you should be shot. Those places are for people not living in Texas who don't have access to real Mexican food. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds, so obv. not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize qdoba is owned by jack in the box, right?