Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Custom T-Shirts

I find myself wearing t-shirts a lot more often now, and instead of buying shirts with a lame movie or pop culture related image/quote, I'd rather create my own shirts with lame movie or pop culture related image/quotes.

I've messed around with the computer printer/iron on transfer thing, and while ridiculously easy, the iron on fades after a couple dozen washes.

What do you t-shirt experts recommend?
Old 06-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Custom T-Shirts

Cafe Press might be the answer. You can upload designs and have t-shirts created for you.

I think the real purpose of this site is create t-shirts and sell them, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't buy only one.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cafe Press might be the answer. You can upload designs and have t-shirts created for you.

I think the real purpose of this site is create t-shirts and sell them, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't buy only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Cafepress has to comply with copyright issues. I do not want to be bothered with such technicalities in the event I want to use stills, logos, or pictures of various 2+2 authors.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or pictures of various 2+2 authors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

fyc
Old 06-18-2007, 12:10 PM

EMBROIDERY
Old 06-18-2007, 12:25 PM

You will find a company in your yellow pages that will do the job.

Couple years back me and a few uni buddies played in the UK Student Poker Championship and had some polo shirts made up with our poker societies logo and a 'nickname' - was the source of Diceman as it happens, which started off ironically and stuck.

Im not sure of the details exactly, but they are embroidered by some kind of machine likely running a CAD package, are really good quality and didnt cost that much.

Start with local printing companies and go from there - i expect you can get good quality T-Shirts printed up without much trouble or cost - especially from a smaller company who would jump at it if the price offset the uber small batch run you require (to the degree of one or two units only of each design).
Old 06-18-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EMBROIDERY

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Embroidery is a pain in the ass if you want to do anything other than stock fonts. Having an image digitized for embroidery is very costly, and no one is going to do just one for you for anyhing less than $100.

If you're able to compile something from stock fonts and clip-art that may be the way to go.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:39 PM

haha donk. That's awesome.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:21 PM

If you are just wanting to do simple text you could buy a screen and some inks and do it yourself, its pretty simple. The quality wont be super awesome, but it will be good enough, you may even enjoy making them. If you want to do complicated stuff like multiple colors and images, your only option is to have someone print them for you. Just google custom tshirts and find the place that will do one shirt the cheapest
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are just wanting to do simple text you could buy a screen and some inks and do it yourself, its pretty simple. The quality wont be super awesome, but it will be good enough, you may even enjoy making them. If you want to do complicated stuff like multiple colors and images, your only option is to have someone print them for you. Just google custom tshirts and find the place that will do one shirt the cheapest

[/ QUOTE ]

I googled this topic before posting here, and "silk screening" seems awfully complex. It requires a dark room, photochemicals, etc. Is this what you are talking about?

All - embroidery is out, because I do not like embroidered shirts.