Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Sandals and flipflops, on men?

So the gf comes back from shopping the other day and says "I bought you a present". Im thinking she's so thoughtful as I recently made a big deal about losing my digital camera. Surprise!!! She got me these:

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=488999022

Obviously I couldnt hide my look of disappointment as she immediatly replies "you dont like them". Then she goes on about how I can wear them with jeans, cool to hit the beach restaurants with etc...

My reply was "I dont think men are supposed to wear flipflops outside of a water environment".

Granted my fashion sense sucks, and they are comfortable and cool (temperture wise)but is it in style for men to wear open toe shoes out,,,with jeans???

Havent worn them outside yet as I plan to return them, but wanted to follow the crowd, so what do you think?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Sandals and flipflops, on men?

[ QUOTE ]

My reply was "I dont think men are supposed to wear flipflops outside of a water environment".

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much.

looks like Orvis discontinued a sandal-like shoe that I wear. This is the closest thing:

I wear them with jeans.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is just silly and def not true
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 PM

Most guys i know wear flip flops. Myself, im trying to bring back the socks with sandals look.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most guys i know wear flip flops. Myself, im trying to bring back the socks with sandals look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that

only when I have athlete's foot and medicine on my toes.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 PM

sandals and flip flops on guys are gay. Long time ago when my youngest kid was maybe 5 years old I came home from work. Walked into the room and he was sitting in a chair with a real pissed off look on his face. My ex-wife and just bought him a pair of Jerusalam cruisers and she was making him wear them. I pointed at him and laughed. He insta-cried. Even at 5 years old he knew he looked gay.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flip flops on guys is gay

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sandals and flip flops on guys is gay. Long time ago when my youngest kid was maybe 5 years old I came home from work. Walked into the room and he was sitting in a chair with a real pissed off look on his face. My ex-wife and just bought him a pair of Jerusalam cruisers and she was making him wear them. I pointed at him and laughed. He insta-cried. Even at 5 years old he knew he looked gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is someone that is a little bit older then most. Flip flops with jeans and a t-shirt is pretty standard fair these days. If you live in a warm climate you have no choise. IE. SAN DIEGO, MIAMI, ______(fill in blank)

fyc
Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the gf comes back from shopping the other day and says "I bought you a present". Im thinking she's so thoughtful as I recently made a big deal about losing my digital camera. Surprise!!! She got me these:

http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...scid=488999022

Obviously I couldnt hide my look of disappointment as she immediatly replies "you dont like them". Then she goes on about how I can wear them with jeans, cool to hit the beach restaurants with etc...

Granted my fashion sense sucks, and they are comfortable and cool (temperture wise)but is it in style for men to wear open toe shoes out,,,with jeans???

Havent worn them outside yet as I plan to return them, but wanted to follow the crowd, so what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandals are good - sandals between your toes are bad.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:57 PM

Yikes. Those are some happy ass sandals. Way overpriced too. I wouldn't even wear them with shorts, and I live in the tropics where Reefs (cross between sandle and thongs) are standard everywhere except clubbing and dining.

With jeans these would be hilarious.