Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 09:06 PM

Default turn donk

30/60 online,

The table just went 3 handed, I am in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and there was no SB posted. UTG is a loose passive fish. Button is over-aggro 33/25 type who gives too much action with weak draws and can put pressure on when he senses weakness.

Preflop: UTG limps, Button Raises, Hero Calls, UTG calls.
Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Hero Checks, UTG checks, Button bets, Hero Raises, UTG folds, Button 3-bets, Hero calls.
Turn; 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Hero donks...
Old 06-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: turn donk

call down to induce bluffs is my play. your line is only good if he has ahigh and worse pairs that will calldown but not bet turn or river.

i really think with a str or flush draw he will fire 2 more as he cant win by checking.

do i know villain?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:03 AM

villian was Full-Grown...his AF is ~3.4 fwiw.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:20 AM

ya, calling down seems far superior to me. can you give me your reasoning for betting? sometimes i will donk vs him just to induce a tilt/outplay raise bc he seems to love to take shots at me.

in general tho, i think hes good enough to dump ace high and proly small pairs but he fires at least once with them. he fires twice with hands with no sd value. and if he has overpair he is raising turn.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 AM

full grown is way over aggro. i let him bluff a lot and let him hang himself. i hope he's not reading this. btw, who are you?

-Bill
Old 06-13-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, calling down seems far superior to me

[/ QUOTE ]

But we want action against theses guys when we got a great hand so dont we need to balance our aggression so we attack also with some ok pairs and good draws, not only really good hands? We dont want him to understand that a flopcap and turn + riverbet here means we got trips. Or is he bad enough to not see what u are doing? (because in isolation, ur advice looks good 2 me, but whenever u give up ur balance, u have to be careful)
Old 06-13-2007, 07:42 AM

Yeah, you guys are right, once he 3 bets the flop, there's almost no chance he is checking the turn through so just inducing bluffs should be fine.

I bet the turn because I've been getting free-carded so much lately and my hand feels pretty vulnerable to free-cards. I don't know, maybe kiddo, HOWMANY are right and I should be capping / leading a bit more than I do now.

Anyways, he raised the turn and I called, cuz that's what I do best. Are you guys folding any river cards here against him?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:17 AM

Meh, in this spot I am generally taking a very aggressive line to get value out of them, which in this case is capping flop and betting the next 2 streets, or I am just calling down after his flop 3bet and hoping he fires 2 more barrels with whatever. Your line seems to be some weird mixture of this and I'm not really sure I like it. This is a sort of bad card for him to call down with A high on and he is going to bet a 7 or flush draw if he has it anyway.