Old 06-07-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Cotto Vs Judah

Who does everyone like here?
Old 06-07-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Cotto Vs Judah

Cotto by KO, DQ, TKO +125
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM

I like Cotto +386 to win by DEC, but an even better bet is the OVER of 9.5 at close to Even. Cotto is a powerful fighter, but he is no Mike Tyson who looks to finish the fight in the first round. Cotto likes to break his opponet down as the fight wears on. Cotto just keeps coming the entire fight, but Judah is a good defensive fighter. Judah is very good at rolling his shoulder ala Mayweather and slipping punches. Judah's power will also keep Cotto in check.

Judah is a real hit and miss fighter, sometimes looking like an elite fighter and other time looking like a B-Level fighter and sometimes he looks like both within the same fight (Mayweather and Baldomir). I think Zab realizes this is it for him and he is going to be very focused and will fight a good fight, but Cotto is just too good a fighter right now. He is on his way to a top 5 p4p ranking very soon.

Cotto by UD, but it will be close on the cards, my guess 116-112.

Glad to be back,
Tuds
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 AM

Tuds,

I also think it may be a little closer than some think. It all depends on which Judah shows up. He actually looked good in his first few rounds vs. Mayweather. I think Cotto wins but I'm not so sure he runs away with it. In a weird way this is the best and probably worst fighter Cotto has ever faced. It should be interesting to watch. My friend is always looking for "home run bets" in boxing and he's taking Judah.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Hero,

I wouldn't say Judah is anywhere near the worst fighter Cotto has ever faced (even on Judah's many off days). Judah is his own worst enemy. If you are going to bet Judah take the KO/TKO prop at almost 9-1. Judah does have power and Cotto's jaw is somewhat questionable.

Cotto will have the home field advantage with all the Puerto Ricans in town for the parade. The crowd at MSG will be in a frenzy for Cotto and also Arum is his promoter so that always helps. Judah might be from NY as well, but remember Baldomir got a DEC over him as MSG.

Tuds
Old 06-10-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but an even better bet is the OVER of 9.5 at close to Even. Cotto is a powerful fighter, but he is no Mike Tyson who looks to finish the fight in the first round. Cotto likes to break his opponet down as the fight wears on. Cotto just keeps coming the entire fight, but Judah is a good defensive fighter. Judah is very good at rolling his shoulder ala Mayweather and slipping punches. Judah's power will also keep Cotto in check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody take my advice and get paid on the OVER? Pretty good fight. Typical Cotto performance, just beating his opponet up until they can't take anymore.

I am a UFC fan, but I'll take the Cotto/Judah 30+ minutes of action over the less then 2 minutes of action in the Rampage/Chuck fight.

Tuds
Old 06-09-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cotto by KO, DQ, TKO +125

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:49 PM

I didn't literally mean he is the worst fighter. Obviously Cotto has fought worse fighters. But the things Judah does sometimes in the ring, total lack of focus and overconfidence, he just sets himself up to get knocked out or beaten, even by worse opponents.

I'm not betting on Judah, just mentioning my friend was. I just hope it's a decent fight. I'm really looking forward to Castillo-Hatton. That should be interesting.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Any thoughts on the foreman/thompson fight or any other prelim fights tonight?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:02 PM

Bobby Pacquio is worth a flyer at +900. I don't think he is that good, but I don't think Soto is that much better then Pacquio. Bobby is a quality fighter and could still connect and hurt Soto.

Tuds