Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 10:00 PM

Default happiest moment in life,getting out after being trapped in small space

cliffs notes

Lock myself in the bathroom after gf takes knobs out and leaves the lock on. No neighbours and the fact that help is 20 hours away when gf is supposed to visit at afternoon tomorrow makes me a bit panicky. take a small scissor and start scraping away wood bit by bit and take 3.5 hours to finally free the lock on the door from the wood and get out. Never been happier in life (maybe a little bit of exaggeration, but still one of the happiest moments !!). I know maybe I am stupid for saying that.
----------------------------

Hi OOT.

I cant describe my feelings right now. One hour back I experienced probably one of the happiest moments in my life. Yes its nothing like scoring full marks in SAT or getting accepted in Harvard or having a baby.

It was a very simple thing....getting out of my own bathroom after being trapped for 3.5 hours. here is how it went.

Me and my gf are painting the interior of my condo. Today we were doing the bathroom. Since we didnt want paint getting on the fixtures, we took out most of the plug outlet boards, lock on the door (the knobs). My gf left the lock mechanism on and only took the knobs out. She mentioned to me that the locks are bad and need changing.

30 mins in the work, she leaves to pick up her sister's kids and drop them off at another sister's house. Gf is supposed to babysit her boss's kids later in the evening till 11. She tells me she will come by tomorrow (sunday) around 12 in the afternoon and we will finish bathroom and dining area. I go on to finish the remianing work quickly.

10 mins later, while painting the door i lock myself in the bathroom. the lock is bad and no amount of twisting and turning seems to open the door. I remember, gf told me that the lock mechanism is bad and now I am [censored].

Quick situation evaluation:
1) due to the hole where the knobs used to be there is enough air passage + the space between the floor and the carpet in the adjacent room. There is no fear of dying from suffocation.

2) No cellphone in pocket. no neighbours. Only help is my gf who has no reason to come back to my place tonight. She expects to see me tomorrow.
Expected time for wait: 20 hours

3) I had lunch around 11:30 am so if i have to wait till 12 noon tomorrow, i should be ok. There is availibility of water since this is the bathroom.

4) The bathroom is very small and i have already put primer on the walls all over. The smell is kinda making me feel suffocated or am i just panicking and feeling claustrophobic ? My bathroom is very small...maybe 10 ft x 8 ft x 8 ft.

I had a very small scissors (size of palm of the hand). I go on to work on the hole where the knobs used to be and start stabbing at the wood to scrape it out. 3.5 hours of work and finally cut out enough wood to free the lock and free myself out.

I cant express the relief that I felt after getting out. I cant remember when I was so happy. for sure this was a happier moment in my life compared to,
a) being accepted at a US univ.
b) the feeling when I first arrived at the US in NY.
c) when I got an internship at Apple.
d) when i got my first job
e) when i got my LC approved (a step of green card) after a wait of 3 years.

Am I exaggerating my feelings or is this expected. I have never been so happy as to just get out of a room after being locked out.

sorry if this post seemed boring to most of you guys. Just wanted to share my feelings and incident.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: happiest moment in life,getting out after being trapped in small s

[ QUOTE ]
10 ft x 8 ft x 8 ft

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty good sized bathroom.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:17 PM

no option of kicking the door to break out either breaking the lock or busting through the wood you scraped away?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi OOT.

I cant describe my feelings right now. One hour back I experienced probably one of the happiest moments in my life. Yes its nothing like scoring full marks in SAT or getting accepted in Harvard or having a baby.

It was a very simple thing....getting out of my own bathroom after being trapped for 5 minutes. here is how it went.

I got locked in the bathroom with no communication to the outside world and no hope of salvation for 20 hours... so I said [censored] it and kicked open the door.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-02-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: happiest moment in life,getting out after being trapped in small space

Are you for f*ckin real OP? I was hoping for a decent story when I opened this. 3 1/2 hours, in your OWN bathroom? Go away.

Read this you whinging b*tch.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: happiest moment in life,getting out after being trapped in small space

How many masturbation breaks did you take during your dig to freedom?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:39 PM

Erica Pratt thinks you are a pussy

[ QUOTE ]
(seven-year-old) Erica was held for one long night and day in the basement of an empty house, her hands and feet bound with duct tape. She chewed through the tape, kicked open a basement door and made her way to a window where she screamed until someone heard her and came to her rescue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-02-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never been happier in life (maybe a little bit of exaggeration, but still one of the happiest moments !!). I know maybe I am stupid for saying that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have a pretty sad life
Old 06-02-2007, 11:02 PM

I liked the story.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:00 PM

How the [censored] did you just not kick in the door down?