Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Wiring money to the Rio is simply impossible

I am furious right now. I have to wire about 80k to the Rio so that Ill be able to play in all the events that I want to play.

The Rio has made it so that if you want to wire money for the WSOP, you need to contact specific employees and departments to do so. I have been calling these specific employees and departments for several days now. Noone ever picks up the phone and noone ever returns my calls when I leave my number on their voicemail.

The main cage wont help either. The Rio will not let you wire money to the main cage and take it out in chips. All they say is that if you want to wire money, you either need to speak to one of these employees or preregister for events. If you want to preregister for events, you need to wire money to their bank account and with the wire list what event you are preregistering for.

The problem I have with preregistering for events is that I want to play in an event every day. Im not going to preregister for an event for every day of the month, since they wont issue you a refund unless youre in another event. It also takes multiple days for wire transfers to go through so I have to register days in advance. What if I preregister for a noon event and bust out and want to play the 5pm? I wont have the funds because Im not preregistered. Certainly Im not going to preregister for both the noon and 5pm events.

Unacceptable. Simply unacceptable. The WS starts in a couple days and I dont have a clue how Im going to pay for it. Unless someone calls me Im going to have to go to bank of america 8 times in the next month to withdraw 10k at a clip, since they arent going to hand you 80k in cash. Not only is that ridiculous, but thats like $30 per cab ride.

I think I might just call the Bellagio main cage and see if I can wire it there and take it out in chips, and then cash them out to buy in to the Rio events that way.

Any suggestions before I try this?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Wiring money to the Rio is simply impossible

Ballers have cash.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might just call the Bellagio main cage and see if I can wire it there and take it out in chips, and then cash them out to buy in to the Rio events that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do this. Last year they took big Bellagio chips at the Rio cage (not just the main cage, the cashiers in the WSOP room took them too with management approval).

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-30-2007, 01:57 PM

Last year I had a friend purchase a piece of my action, he wired 2.5 to the rio cage - and it never arrived. 1 year later he is out 2.5k, they never were able to trace the source of the loss. I wouldn't use that option with Harrah's again.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:11 PM

Mike

I PM'ed you with a phone # and LIVE contact person.She is the Cage Manager at the RIO.If you have any problems.......... e-mail me or call me!!
She will take care of everything ASAP!
TTYL,
~stephen feraca
Old 05-30-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year I had a friend purchase a piece of my action, he wired 2.5 to the rio cage - and it never arrived. 1 year later he is out 2.5k, they never were able to trace the source of the loss. I wouldn't use that option with Harrah's again.

[/ QUOTE ]

in this day and age, i find this hard to believe.
banks can trace anything.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a mod, it's kind of funny how often you say things that are really hard to believe.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a mod, it's kind of funny how often you say things that are really hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the would I say this if it wasn't true? You can ask TMTTR - PM him and apologize to me when your done; he was the friend who is out the cash, the transaction was lost in the banking network. His bank claims the transaction was completed and went to the Rio, Rio claims there was never any receipt of the funds. Nearly a year later there is a trace on the funds that have not been recovered.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:20 AM

So, has anyone tried buying into a WSOP tournament with Bellagio chips yet? I'm planning on wiring some money to Vegas on Monday, but given the horror stories about wiring to the Rio and how poorly Harrah's is running the WSOP, I'd rather ship it to the Bellagio. However, that story about Nolan Dalla getting his $5k Bellagio chip confiscated at another MGM property makes me a bit hesitant to do this, as well.

Some more questions:
Does it matter that I have a MGM rewards card? Will that be sufficient? Will I have to put in some action at the Bellagio in order to cash out the chips? If so, can that action be in the poker room, or does it have to be in the pit?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:27 AM

1. That wasn't a Bellagio chip Nolan Dolla had, it was an MGM chip. Bellagio chips are better than cash.

2. I've heard WSOP is exclusively only taking money orders or cash.

3. You will need a Harrahs Total Rewards card, you can get that in a seperate line(It's on the right right before you would make a left into the poker room)