Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 12:41 AM

Default 10NL - Re-raised AQ pre, facing donk-shove on Axx 2 flush flop...

Villian is 72/20/3.57 after 44 hands. I don't remember why we were short-handed, multiple folks must have been busted or sitting out or something.

What's my villian's range for calling the initial raise and the subsequent re-raise? How does that range apply to this flop?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($10.15)
Button ($3.55)
SB ($17.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.2</font>, SB calls $0.15, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls $0.70.

Flop: ($2.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $16.45 (All-In)</font>, Hero says wtf and ...
Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: 10NL - Re-raised AQ pre, facing donk-shove on Axx 2 flush flop...

I always call this
Old 05-27-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero says call and then ship it

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-27-2007, 01:46 AM

I think I stack off and call.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:28 AM

folds? Make a note, he does it again, go to value-town

Crovax
Old 05-27-2007, 03:06 PM

Anyone have a response that includes more than a one liner and actually addresses my question? Answers like insta-call, auto-shove, meh fold, aren't particularly useful.

Example of helpful/useful response: I fold because his range is probably xxx/yyy based on zzz, and given my equity of aaa and pot odds of bbb, it is a clear fold.

Or at the very least something like, "I think you should fold because ..." and insert a reason of some sort.

Someone reading the responses up to this point has almost 0 value from the post except that the majority say call, but have no understanding of why they should call. And if someone looks at the gentlemen who replied fold, they don't know the basis for his decision, and will not be apply the same reasoning to similiar situations.

Thoughtful responses appreciated, thanks.

The original question at the top was:

What's my villian's range for calling the initial raise and the subsequent re-raise? How does that range apply to this flop?

&lt;rant off&gt;
Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM

Your playing 3 handed with a 70/x/x donk. He can call with anything, shove anything, and putting him on a range is like guessing a number between 1 and a million. Just freakin call his stupid ass move and hope he has AJ-. As stands I think he has a flush draw, but how would you know considering hes playing 70% of his hands. If you don't want stupid one liners don't post hands where the op could have anything.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your playing 3 handed with a 70/x/x donk. He can call with anything, shove anything, and putting him on a range is like guessing a number between 1 and a million. Just freakin call his stupid ass move and hope he has AJ-. As stands I think he has a flush draw, but how would you know considering hes playing 70% of his hands. If you don't want stupid one liners don't post hands where the op could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have difficulty believing he is shoving with "anything" but at least you put some thought into your post.

I do believe we can create a range for him.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:02 PM

if hes bad enough to shove with a monster then he is bad enough to shove with nigh-on-any 2. semibluff flush draws and ax hands are more likely but his range is basically 70% of the deck.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if hes bad enough to shove with a monster then he is bad enough to shove with nigh-on-any 2. semibluff flush draws and ax hands are more likely but his range is basically 70% of the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the thinking here, something I hadn't considered (if he's bad enough to shove with monsters.....).

We know he's not calling 70% of the deck though. Against the loosest of opponents, my HUD has never shown anything above 35% for the "call pre-flop raise stat". I've dug into pokertracker a bit trying to find this stat on him, but have not found it, it only seems to appear in PAHud and makes me wonder how they calculate it.

The typical calling station seems to call raises somewhere in the 20%-25% range from my experience. Thinking back to Pokey's post, I believe this includes all PP, pretty much any two flush cards, any connectors, 1 gaps, any ace, any broadway and some weaker kings.

But, he called the raise, and then a re-raise, and I have to believe that range tightens up a little bit more, though I'm still not sure what that range is.

Still the tricky part here for me is his shoving range.

One gentlemen above suggested a fold and a note. Does anyone else agree with his assessment, which basically reads, wait for a better spot and take a note? This is something I usually do against a complete unknown with no reads.