No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10./$25.
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $3888
SB: $1214
Hero: $10509.25

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $85</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $265</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($540, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $250</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $500</font>, Hero calls $250 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1290)</font>.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1540, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $1010</font>, Hero ???

Villain is GreenPlastic. He just recently sat down like maybe 5 mins and one orbit ago. He won a medium sized pot from the third guy and seems to be playing aggressively.

I have no read on GP past this.

Thoughts?
Old 05-24-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: 10/25 - 3 handed vs. Green Plastic

TJ got there, plus a good draw-y T card (which GP knows). All-in-all you're prolly good as long as you don't get outdrawn on [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 AM

ummm i dont really think you can continue with it. he looks huge here, and i think he's setting up for a river shove no matter what comes, so if you call this you better have your calling fingers ready for more on the river. as a result c/r shoving the turn becomes a possibility, but i'd rather have better reads first.

i'm also not sure about the flop, but i guess calling is alright. whats up with the minraise there?

also, he's definitely playing this hand really well, i think. i dont know what he has, but i think he's playing it pretty well.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm i dont really think you can continue with it. he looks huge here, and i think he's setting up for a river shove no matter what comes, so if you call this you better have your calling fingers ready for more on the river. as a result c/r shoving the turn becomes a possibility, but i'd rather have better reads first.

i'm also not sure about the flop, i might turn it into a bluff and 3-bet, or i might just fold to his minraise. whats up with the minraise there?

[/ QUOTE ]

the minraise looks pretty sexy as a bluff, no?

i norm would fold here, i dont like 3bet gp w/ A9o
Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 AM

i feel like taylor has a hand like T8 or J8 here a lot.. i obv cant see folding the turn.. calling prob fine figure somethin out on river.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:57 AM

the min raise really confuses me from GP, this is a really marginal spot for you and I think GP knows that.

I fold here because it's just too marginal for your hand and GP is def capable of bluff shoving a blank river in which case youre in a [censored] spot
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like taylor has a hand like T8 or J8 here a lot.. i obv cant see folding the turn.. calling prob fine figure somethin out on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't a good villain much more likely to have a connected hand like JQ, 10J than a hand like J8?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:25 PM

Was your small flop bet an attempt to induce a bluff? I think betting this small on the flop is going to lead to some pretty tough decisions later on in the hand.

As aislephive said though every time he does this in his videos he usually has a mediocre hand trying to see where it's at, or it's a bluff. I'd expect him to either slowplay or raise bigger with a monster.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was your small flop bet an attempt to induce a bluff? I think betting this small on the flop is going to lead to some pretty tough decisions later on in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 12:30 AM

um lol fishes. preflop is really bad vs. gp, and then the flop is bad too you give away too much information vs. him with your bet size, after he raises i think you should just fold because even though you might still be good and you have great pot odds green plastic is going to really outpaly you a lot there with position.