Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 PM

Default FPS or optimal line

hands from the 300 on stars villian is sirwatts we both been really quiet until a wild hand where we both basically doubled up in a 4 way AI. 2 hands prior I flatted an open raise from bax in my bb and bluffed the river and showed when flop and turn went c/c.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 (t6275)
MP2 (t12484)
MP3 (t4050)
CO (t5596)
Hero (t5863)
SB (t8470)
BB (t2555)
UTG (t13542)
UTG+1 (t5930)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t600</font>, Hero calls t600, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1500) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, CO calls t800.

Turn: (t3100) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: FPS or optimal line

it all seems good. he'll prolly fold anything but a queen if u fire turn.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:11 PM

I like the play especially if either of the two players in the blinds are aggressive enough to put a squeeze on. The BB looks to have a good size stack to make a shove over a LP raise and call. Also, the big stack definitely has the chips to do it.

Post flop I like the play through the turn.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 PM

seems ok to me. i think it would be even better if the 8 didnt hit because then you can shove over a river bet and he can talk himself into calling thinking you have JT that missed. In a vacuum i like slow playing till the river when there are draws out (counter-intuitive as that may seem) because you can get lots of extra value on the river when the draws miss since you perceived range is wider if or when you shove. Still in this specific spot its hard to see getting more value than checking the turn behind and calling/betting the river.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:19 PM

I think you should reraise preflop tbh, the cold call is way more suspicious, just leave me room to 4-bet off my stack or something. Of course i play so bad I will probably pay you off postflop somehow anyways.

edit: not to mention the bad metagame effects on your resteaks if you're not reraising AA/KK here.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 PM

the thing about preflop is that sometimes I will just want to call here with a weaker hand, when 3-betting committs me but my hand is too good to fold, so if you want the freedom to do that you need to do it with AA/KK sometimes too.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should reraise preflop tbh, the cold call is way more suspicious, just leave me room to 4-bet off my stack or something. Of course i play so bad I will probably pay you off postflop somehow anyways.

edit: not to mention the bad metagame effects on your resteaks if you're not reraising AA/KK here.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we had 40bbs effective I would with 30 I don't think you should and would expect me to 3bet/fold anything.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against a thinking opponents that i play on a regular basis, i'm reraising very often, but against random monkeys, i'm flat calling sooooooooooooooo often. flat calling is perfect in something like the stars 1m or ftp 400k.

1) the sb has a stack size to squeeze but not commit himself. then i flat call the 3-bet and let him bluff the rest off. i swear this works like 190% of the time.
2) if the bb is a dummy, he has the "perfect" stack size to squeeze all in and you can just snap him off.

edit: as played, check behind the flop. call turn if he fires, if he checks, then you can go ahead and bet.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian is sirwatts

[/ QUOTE ]
If you make it 1500 PF he'll think he has some FE if he shoves, and when you get into two players that know each other like that, stuff like that works surprisingly well. At least for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 AM

Oh yeah I think your line is basically optimal against a normal guy, just not against me.