Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Poker Site Refuses to Act on Cheating

Hi All, this is my first post here, not sure what I will achieve, but feel that I need to make people aware of this story.
I have been playing at PKR (PKR dot com) for a few months now, and like the place. Graphics are great and seem to distract people from playing poker sensibly, which has helped my bankroll no end!
I played in a tourny just over a week ago and as we approached the money stages, 2 players began openly discussing their hands and advising each other to fold when in a heads up situation, to avoid the other losing chips, I guess. On almost every occasion, they showed the cards, as if to confirm to the other that they weren't lying. Other players at the table commented on this, and said they had also reported the pair, as this was so blatant. On hand especially, he pleaded with the other player to fold as he had AA, the other player commented he had JJ and thought for a while before flding. Player shows AA

Now, this is not PKR's fault, obviously, but since the tourny, I have Emailed them 3 or 4 times (and had Email acknowledging receipt on each occasion) to advise them of this collusion/cheating - but they have failed to reply on any occasion. Have they even bothered to check out my allegations - I don't know.

Their rules are quite clear, anyone caught colluding/cheating will result in their disqualification and accounts frozen. I have seen both players at the site several times since, so I know this has not happened. Also, one finished a place above me, so if they were disq would I move up a place in the payouts? Not sure on the latter, but as only 20$ or so at stake, hardly worth it.

So, what do I do? Are they condoning the cheating by failing to act? Do they have something to hide? I accept that you have to take my word that the above is true, but I have no reason to make this up and a quick check of their chat history would confirm my story in minutes.

I have tonight withdrawn my BR from PKR and will not go back to the site unless they confirm what action they have taken against the two 'cheaters' - can anyone give me some advice on any other route I should go down - as I feel people should be aware of this?

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Poker Site Refuses to Act on Cheating

So, how 'bout them Bears?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Rex Grossman doesn't just suck, he swallows.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:51 PM

How long has it been since you sent the e-mails? A few hours? A day? A few days? A week? A month?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM

it is now 10 days without a reply.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:05 PM

Spid,

I have an ear at PKR and have emailed them a link to this thread. Hopefully they will show up and address this.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM

I say bring Orton back.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 AM

It is PKR, what do you expect.

Play on [censored]poker.com and they will not act period.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:43 AM

Don't flame me, but if they're announcing their cards to everyone, and each player is at his own choice whether to believe them or not, are they not just playing the standard psychological game of poker? I don't know about you, but I play at plenty of 'friend' games and there's always someone who announces that they have a pair of aces at least every other hand. It's stupid and annoying, but surely not against the rules. No?
Old 05-24-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Rex Grossman doesn't just suck, he swallows.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can people expect so much from a relatively inexperienced QB? He took his team to the Super Bowl, and thats pretty damned good. Give this guy a few more years to mature, and the bears will be winning super bowls. Getting rid of Grossman would be about 1/10th as dumb as the Chargers firing Shottenheimer, which would make it the 2nd dumbest move in the NFL this year.

BTW, I hate the Bears.