Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 04:08 PM

Default 50NL, SC, I played this hand bad...

It's pretty clear to me that I played this hand pretty bad, but I'm not sure where to pinpoint the errors.

Villain is 22/16/3.5

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($33.50)
MP ($35)
Button ($55.65)
Hero ($143.35)
BB ($60.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($16) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, Button calls $10.

River: ($52) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

My thoughts:
* Fold pf?
* If I raise the turn, I should lead the river?
* If I don't raise the turn, do I just call it down?

Comments appreciated.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: 50NL, SC, I played this hand bad...

22/16/3,5 i'm folding preflop to not be with a marginal hand OOP versus an TAG.
But i'm playing NL 10, far from NL 50
Old 05-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Don't like pf flop much, esp. against solid villain oop but suppose doing it sometimes is ok to mix it up. I'd prefer to make a big 3-bet cos he could have pretty much any two here.

On the flop I'm having one pot sized stab (assuming you'd also do this with a ten) at it then I'm done with it. c/c on that board sucks donkey balls.

On the turn your hand is pretty much a total bluff and if you're gonna rep a ten you have to raise more. Nobody folds anything to a minraise ever.

Fold river obv.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM

3bet PF or fold

Flop is fine -- a raise here doesn't accomplish much I think -- but you have to follow up that call with a bet on the turn. Pull the stop and go, and if he calls you're done with the hand.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 PM

whether to fold pf depends a lot on button's blind stealing range. is he constantly hammering your blinds, so that your pt stats don't mean much here, or does his range only extend slightly?

i think the flop was the place to c/r. i'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish by raising the turn. did you mean to rep a T?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 PM

Once the flop hit I felt I had to make a move at some point. I figure there's a good chance my sevens are good, but I don't want to call down with them so I wanted to pick the pot up somewhere before showdown.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:07 PM

You have to tell a story he'll believe. A C/R on the flop would be fine, but you also better be prepared to follow up on the turn if villain is anything like I am imagining him to be. If you're going to call on the flop, you have to do something on the turn. In my experience, when I pull a flat call, check call, check raise from the blinds, it's not respected all that much, especially on a board like this.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 PM

all the more reason to do this on the flop. by waiting until the turn, you are repping a T more than a seven. he's not going to fold to such a small raise unless he has absolute garbage. in this scenario you are raising the turn to drive him out not to inflate the pot, so the raise needs to be bigger (especially since you checked the flop). the only problem w/this is that it looks like a bluff.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:34 PM

I'd probably fold preflop but if I were to play it I'd probably bet out small on the flop and if he calls fire another small bet on the turn then slow down if he calls. If he raises I get out.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:54 PM

3 bet pf or fold, folding is the worst option for me by far.
Flop I am ok with, on the turn. If your going to make that move and as a default I wouldn't but make a proper raise.
Min raising is just spew, he doesn't fold anything you beat and you have turned your hand into a bluff. Raising there is very player specific, if he fires a lot of second barrells then maybe but in general I am not big on it.

Naturally fold river.