Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is more fitting of the title 'King of BBV'?
Newhizzle 88 84.62%
El Diablo 16 15.38%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Heroes Deathmatch - Round 1

I didn't have a great method of seeding the Heroes, so I arbitrarily picked using your favorite ones. I did this just so it didn't have to be random, and so there could be some rules discussion. I think we have enough votes now to start the tournament.

Rules are as follows:

1. Heroes are matched against each other for one on one battles to the death. The winner moves on and the loser is dead. In the case of a stalemate, both participants move on, but if a Hero is involved in 2 stalemates, he is eliminated. Mutually assured destruction is also possible, in which case both heroes are killed.

2. Heroes prefer to live, and win without killing themselves in the process. Heroes have their personalities as seen in the show, but they are also under the impression that their opponent wants to kill them.

3. The fight takes place in a 2 square mile solid concrete arena, with a roof 500 yard above. Leaving the arena results in a loss.

4. Participants start 500 yards away from each other, with their backs turned to each other.

5. The arena is empty aside from the two Heroes. Heroes are allowed to bring one weapon of their choice into the arena. This item had to have been used or appeared in the show at some point. The weapon is placed 5 yards behind their opponent at the beginning of the match. A Hero cannot pick up their opponents weapon.

6. A stalemate is called after 6 hours if neither participant is dead.

7. Peter and Sylar start with their original ability only. Assume if Sylar kills his first opponent, he has the means to open his/her head to acquire their ability.

8. Votes are to be made based on discussion and your interpretation of Heroes abilities from the show.

9. Heroes have full control of their abilities. They are not aware of what their opponents ability is prior to the match. In the case of Peter, if he acquires an ability, he is immediately familiar with what it is, and how to use it.

Note: assume James Walker does have the ice ability, even though he apparently did not.

For fun, there will also be a partners tournament with all of the same rules, except Heroes enter the arena in pairs as a team. Seeding was done by alphabetical order of their first names. If one member of the team makes it through to the next round, both of them do.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Heroes Deathmatch - Round 1

most of these would be so easy to determine that i wish this were with actual superheroes.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most of these would be so easy to determine that i wish this were with actual superheroes.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd that. You need to do a nominations thread first, where people pick their favorite heroes from the marvel/DC universe, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, other comic books/movies/TV/whatever. Then after you have a good pool of nominees figure out a good way to seed them, then run this poll again.

Swede
Old 05-18-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd that. You need to do a nominations thread first, where people pick their favorite heroes from the marvel/DC universe, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, other comic books/movies/TV/whatever. Then after you have a good pool of nominees figure out a good way to seed them, then run this poll again.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah...there are so many awesome heroes out there that some very cool ones would inevitably be left out. And OOT would bitch about it. Then again, OOT always bitches about these polls anyways.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM

That's why you do a nominations thread and keep it bumped for a few days. Sure, you still get some bitching, but not nearly as much as when you pull a poll-thread like this out of your ass. Trust me on this one.

Swede
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 PM

Guys... Swede has pulled a lot of poles out of his ass. He knows what he's talking about here.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's why you do a nominations thread and keep it bumped for a few days. Sure, you still get some bitching, but not nearly as much as when you pull a poll-thread like this out of your ass. Trust me on this one.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
He didn't pull it out of his ass. He did a ranking thread.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM

I agree that most of the first round seems pretty cut and dry. The only really interesting matchup I see is DL vs Brian Davis. Brian would have the Sylar ability to pick up DL and tele-slice open his head. If DL was phased though, would telekinesis have any effect? If not DL could just brain punch him.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that most of the first round seems pretty cut and dry. The only really interesting matchup I see is DL vs Brian Davis. Brian would have the Sylar ability to pick up DL and tele-slice open his head. If DL was phased though, would telekinesis have any effect? If not DL could just brain punch him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about this. I picked Davis over DL since I figured he'd have the ability to cut DL telekinetically if not physically.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM

I'm also shocked that anyone is picking Sylar over Nathan. Sylar can't do ANYTHING yet. Not until he cuts out his first brain, anyway. Nathan can just rocket into Sylar a few times or drop down on him from above. gg Sylar.

Edit: Also, DL and Dale should be an easy pick over Claude and Claire. DL is one of the few heroes who can easily kill Claire, and Dale will keep Claude from sneaking up on DL. She points to where he is, and DL eventually grabs a hold and kicks ass.