Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM

Default OOT, help me - for the love of God (sad girl story)

I don't really know where to start or to end. If I hadn't been drinking at all tonight this post would perhaps be so muchlonger and clearer, but then again I might never have posted it. I don't care if I get a star for it, get banned, get criticism ridiculing me for being a soft [censored] for all of these years, whatever. I feel like I need to vent and to just vent to myself through NotePad text wouldn't feel the same to me.

I'll try to keep the outline as brief as I can. I have a strange history in relationships. Low-down:

* I'm 26
* I've had (what I consider) one serious relationship - total of 4 years, although this was on and off
* I've had probably 3 more relationships that were nowhere NEAR as significant as said relationship above
*I've had TWO sexual partners - one being the in 4 year relationship, the other a drunken "f*ck up" while in Vegas with 3 friends.

I am shy around girls. I am soft at heart. Although I see a girl in a pub/bar/club and the first thing I think of is like any other dude (do I need to say this?), I AM getting along in life and worrying about being alone.

I am in a unique situation in that my ex-girlfriend (the significant one) is living out the back of my house. I live with my parents, for now, although this was going to change very soon. The way that she ended up living out the back is weird - she was living with her "then" boyfriend for close to two years before things went "not so good" for the two of them. Her parents moved 400mi north, and she needed somewhere to stay. She happened to be tutoring my 10yo sister at the time - my parents suggested that she move into the back because it was catered towards someone that wanted something with 1 bedroom and it was cheap - and she took the deal. She talked to me about it prior and asked me if I would be alright with it, but to be honest at the time I saw it as a chance to patch things up with her, especially since I knew things with her and her bf at the time were, to but it bluntly, sh*t, so I agreed that it would be a good idea.

As soon as she moved in, she went cold on me. Don't know what reason. I found out that she had taken up smoking, despite a good 4 years of complaining to me that she thought it was disgusting and she couldn't comprehend why her father would go into hospital to see his father dying on the bed only to light up when he left the hospital.

There are a lot of other things in between that I could write a novel about, but they're probably insignificant - I feel like I have painted the picture enough.

Last week while she was in my room chatting because "she hadn't spoken to me in a while" (read: a week) - she passed me a note saying that if I felt like a drink on the weekend, to let her know. As it turned out I was busy that weekend, but felt somewhat guilty for not getting back to her re: doing something and while I was out the other day, saw a pot plant (I know she loves flowers) and bought it for her sort of under the pretense that I would leave a note with it saying something like "saw this in the mall - thought you'd like it. Let's do dinner or movies or a drive or whatever - get back to me or I'll bug you till you do".

That was Tuesday. So I haven't bugged her since - she did ring me and thank me for the flowers, but that's it. Tonight I get home at 11pm and her ex's car is around the corner from my house. It's now 4:15am and it's still there.

I saw myself marrying this girl 10 years ago. I still thought there was a very good chance we would end up together the whole time she has been here. I can't deal with the continued mixed messages she is giving me, and tonight has sent me AWOL. I feel like I am partly to blame because my life is a wreck, and I'm too much of a pussy to approach her and make her lay it on the line. I feel like if I don't bite the bullet soon and tell my parents to kick her out or tell her straight to her face to get the f*ck out and stop prick-teasing me, that it's going to sub-consciously affect my life for the rest of my life. I feel like I am blaming all of my failures in life on her, and I don't know whether that is fair or not, because I know I am the ruler of my own fate, but I also know that she has been that first thing on my mind the moment I lay down to sleep, and the moment I wake up every morning for the past ten years. I love her to death, and I do not know how to stop it.

Do I confront her, tell her I can't deal with this - suck it up - what? My mates tell me that my parents must hate me for letting her rent out the back - perhaps they're right. They also tell me to just get over it - it's not that simple though.

Be harsh on me, but be truthful. Please, wtf do I do? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: OOT, help me - for the love of God (sad girl story)

I would be pissed at your parents, if I were you. Relationships are hard to get over. I still think about girls I dated four or five years ago.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:35 PM

This is a tough one, I think you're a bit old to be dealing with this kind of crap though. You've gotten yourself in a pretty bad situation. I think your best bet is to be honest with her, tell her that the relationship isn't going in the direction you'd hoped, and that in order for you to progress as a human and a man, you need her to move out in 30 days or whatever adequate time would be. She either isn't interested in you anymore, or is totally screwed up herself, either way the chances of rekindling a relationship don't sound good.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Wait, so you dated this chick for 4 years, which ended more than 2 years ago, the girl has given you zero signs of being interested in you at all any more, and you're mad at her for "prick teasing" you, etc? Sounds like she hasn't done any teasing, or any leading on, at all. You aren't over her, and that's fair, whatever, feelings don't fade fast, or whatever. But it sounds like she's totally over you, and hasn't in your story at any point made any move that would make a rational person think that she's interested in getting back together with you, or whatever. so yeah, you should grow up.

if you really must tell her how you feel, do so. i doubt it would make her do anything other than feel really awkward about renting out the room though.

also, why when she was sitting there chatting with you did she pass you a note?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:39 PM

citanul -

moving in with his parents is a pretty big sign of something - either sheer desperation or delight in OP's misery.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little curious about this myself, actually.

Also, to the OP: Get her out of your life. She's poison to you and you'll never move on if you are constantly seeing her. Out of sight, (eventually) out of mind.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM

also, yes, OP is 26, and probably isn't paying rent. the girl is probably paying rent for a bedroom. those of you expecting his parents to "kick the broad out" i'm hoping would be expecting OP to deal with the rent?
Old 05-18-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you dated this chick for 4 years, which ended more than 2 years ago, the girl has given you zero signs of being interested in you at all any more, and you're mad at her for "prick teasing" you, etc? Sounds like she hasn't done any teasing, or any leading on, at all. You aren't over her, and that's fair, whatever, feelings don't fade fast, or whatever. But it sounds like she's totally over you, and hasn't in your story at any point made any move that would make a rational person think that she's interested in getting back together with you, or whatever. so yeah, you should grow up.

if you really must tell her how you feel, do so. i doubt it would make her do anything other than feel really awkward about renting out the room though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good f*cking question. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that makes it much easier to CHECK ONE: Yes ___ No ____
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM

If its an option, moving out seems like the obvious thing to do.