Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 01:37 PM

Default NL100 | Possibly Terrible AA vs Flop Overdonk

I felt like a dirty ho.

Opponent is totally unknown. No stats, no reads, this may be his first hand.

I've been experimentig with 3+n PFRs because I play a lot of hands, so that's why I made it 4.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $91.00
BB: $123.65
<u>UTG: $77.05</u>
CO: $79.10
<u>Grunch (BTN): $119.45</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Grunch is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, CO folds, <font color="red">Grunch raises to $4.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $3.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($9.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $12.00</font>, Grunch calls $12.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($33.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $20.00</font>, Grunch calls $20.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($73.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $25.00</font>, Grunch calls $25.00

There are about 6 places where I might have played bad, so I show the whole thing.

When he bet the river, he left a little behind. This either means he has it, he doesn't, or it doesn't mean anything.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: NL100 | Possibly Terrible AA vs Flop Overdonk

pf is fine.

I just raise his flop donk and go from there, id just put him in on the river.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 PM

Villain has something like 66 here, shove riv. Poker is easy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think his range here is 22, 33, 66, 77, 99, straight, trips, and boat. I think he calls a shove with nearly his entire range. I probably shove to merge my range [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but calling can't be too bad. Don't fold anywhere, and if you are gonna raise, I think the river is where to do it.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain has something like 66 here, shove riv. Poker is easy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I think his range here is 22, 33, 66, 77, 99, straight, trips, and boat. I think he calls a shove with nearly his entire range. I probably shove to merge my range [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], but calling can't be too bad. Don't fold anywhere, and if you are gonna raise, I think the river is where to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, if I'm going to call the river I might as well push. He folds 0% of the time.

Results in white below:

<font color="white">Villan had 9h 8d, MHIG</font>
Old 05-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Looks fine until the river. Villain is value betting for you. IF he has a 5 then so be it. I think you have to get the rest in on the river. There is not much he is folding there.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine until the river. Villain is value betting for you. IF he has a 5 then so be it. I think you have to get the rest in on the river. There is not much he is folding there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not think I need to raise the turn for protection? I guess that would be a push there. I mean, was it bad thqat I didn't push the turn? I was actually afraid that I would be representingn the King, and he would fold a draw or a weak pair if I pushed. FPS?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:11 PM

I value shove river.