Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM

Default 25NL AK TPTK gets raised on turn - standard fold?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($23.10)
Hero ($27)
MP ($9.50)
CO ($25.40)
Button ($18.95)
SB ($28.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.85, Button calls $0.85, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.90) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.2</font>, CO calls $2.20, Button folds.

Turn: ($7.30) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $13</font>, Hero...?

Villain is unknown, no reads. What's the action?

What range do you see CO having?

If you fold, what kind of reads/stats would you have to have to do something else?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: 25NL AK TPTK gets raised on turn - standard fold?

The Baluga Theorem applies here. You're pair is no good here.

Villain is unknown, no reads. What's the action?
Fold.

What range do you see CO having?
KJ, 66, 33 are most likely. Other possibilities: KQ, QT, 54, KT, K6, K3, 63

If you fold, what kind of reads/stats would you have to have to do something else?
Villain must stack off with TPNK at least (maniac) / he has to play straight draws super fast / pick off on me, coz he doesn't like me and reraise me every time
Old 05-10-2007, 05:51 PM

you're basically only ahead of KQ at this point it seems likely that villain has made 2 pair on turn or flopped a set...there is not much on that board that villain would float with and its not a drawy board...pretty simple fold
Old 05-10-2007, 06:15 PM

I think you need to bet bigger on turn, ~5.5
If I were Villain in this case, I would read your flop bet as a cbet, your turn as a weak second barrel and raise you with anything connected to the flop. QJ, KQ, JT, etc. Same if I had KJ, 66, 33, JJ, etc.
With a 3/4 PSB on Turn, you're going to narrow his range a ton when he raises, makes fold a lot easier.

As played, I think it's still a fold, 66/33 seem most likely, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:18 PM

I agree with Bram &amp; ship &amp; ocd. The turn bet is a little weak, nothing absurd - realise better players will pick up on this tendency of yours.

In any event bet/fold is good.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 PM
 is offline

very easy fold. He is never raising you with a weaker K here. His line looks like KJ or maybe a set. Bet a little more on turn.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you need to bet bigger on turn, ~5.5
If I were Villain in this case, I would read your flop bet as a cbet, your turn as a weak second barrel and raise you with anything connected to the flop. QJ, KQ, JT, etc. Same if I had KJ, 66, 33, JJ, etc.
With a 3/4 PSB on Turn, you're going to narrow his range a ton when he raises, makes fold a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the turn bet I was thinking that my hand does not need protection, there's no draws, so I might as well bet smaller so a bad K would call. I get the point about making my action easier by 3/4 potting it though.

(Although I am once again a bit lost here - when DO I get to bet anything else than 3/4 pot on turn? I have been trying to work bet sizing more into my game, and bet so that the hands I want to call would be able to call)

If I was in position this would be a pretty good spot for checking turn. Out of position it is a bit iffy. Kasane you might not have noticed I was OOP since you were talking about what if villain check-raises...
Old 05-11-2007, 08:01 AM

Doh! Yes, I thought it was a blind villain. b/f 2/3 pot looks good. aaargh, I feel dumb now.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM

This is why I chk turn on dry flops. What are you going to do on river if he flat calls? If he chk-raises, bleh -- you might even fold the best hand. If he folds, well, you were more likely to catch value from him on river anyway on a mid-pair or KQ/KT.

Betting for protection isn't the answer here. Villain likely has 2-5 outs if you're ahead. If you're behind, you're way behind.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
 is offline

turn bet is for value not protection.