Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Boy or girl

Am I a sexist if I want a boy instead of a girl? I don't want to stress out thinking where the hell she is at night or if she's pulling a Brandi on me on the internet. That is too embarrassing for me to handle and would literally destroy my spirit and give me an early heart attack. I can't describe how disappointed and sad I would be.

Of course, chances are that I will have a girl [not now but later in the future after I do the wedding thing] because life is fun like that. How do you even prepare for this situation [besides the obvious raise her well and teach her about integrity and class]? I mean, girls nowadays think bending over with a string up their asses is a hot thing to do.

*Sighs* Rescue me from my protective personality.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Boy or girl

you could start by not having a double standard for men and women

Unless of course you don't, then nevermind me
Old 05-09-2007, 07:55 AM

I really liked this post by Blarg, in response to:

-----------------------
"but im the type of mom that will teach her to suck a dick right"

I used to think I was open to new ideas. But after hearing this, I'm not so sure now. Would you marry a woman that said this? Would you like her raising your daughter?
-----------------------

he said

-----------------------
Two good things: She's saying she knows how to suck a dick right in the first place. This is a big deal and not really very common. Second, she's grounded in reality and not repressed.

Now, if she told her daughter to go out and suck as much dick as possible, it would be another thing. Or if she gave a live demonstration with an actual dick, that would not be cool by my lights.

But if she was open about sexuality to her daughter, I can't see how that would bring them anything but closer together and make them more trusting and accepting of each other.

A lot of girls are really screwed up about sex, sometimes their whole life. In large part because we're not straight with them and expect them to conform to a ridiculous double standard and deal with sex by lying about it, hiding it, and repressing it.

The kid's gonna be sucking dick sooner or later, face it. If she isn't, that's even worse! I'd love for my wife and daughter to be open with each other about important things in life, and sex is definitely one of them. I can't see how making sex something that you refuse to discuss, or barely discuss at all, can do anything but raise a less well-adjusted person.

However, I would ask them not to practice on their carrots or whatever while I was within earshot. That's woman's work; I'd just as soon not think about my daughter's sexual particulars or prowess. All the more reason btw that it's cool if her mother does, as I'm sure she would be better at it than I would.
----------------------
Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 AM

you sound asian.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:24 AM

HP,
Perhaps my Americanized wife will help me with that [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

xxx__xxx,
No doubt I am very traditional when it comes to this.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:29 AM

I have two girls. My oldest is 13 and I am very blunt with her when it comes to dealing with boys, booze, drugs, etc. I am not concerned that she will make a bad decision anytime soon.

Looking back, I am glad that I had girls and won't trade the experience.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:44 AM

When I was younger I was certain I'd feel this way if I ever had a daughter, but now that I have one it's not a big deal. I think this is one of those things you grow out of, like caring about your significant other's previous relationships.

I'm a lot more concerned about keeping my daughter from being an idiot than I am about keeping her a virgin. If she's smart and independent and decides that she wants to experiment, fine. If she does anything simply to make herself look cool, or because somebody talked her into it, or solely because she's high or drunk, or to get back at me; THEN I'll be upset. So I'm concentrating on raising a thinking, opinionated, individual. If I succeed, the rest should work itself out.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 AM

I'd like a girl cuz then she can just love daddy. I'm not tryin to raise a knucklehead.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 AM

OOT

---------->
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 AM

If you raise your children right, you shouldn't have to worry about this.