Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM

Default NL100, open ended flushstraightdraw

Im new to shorthanded games, and would need some help please!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1049180
Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 AM

Default Re: NL100, open ended flushstraightdraw

I would just check call because one of these guys has a pair of aces or better (which they won't fold) and (based on the flop) their bet sizing is going to be way off.

Lucky
Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 AM

The check from the PFR must mean a really strong hand right ? Most opponents would Continuationbet here, i think he would do that do. So when he check, im thinking he has a set of JJ/AA or has completly missed the flop.

The small bet from the Loose/passive opponent, what does that mean ? A informationbet or a really strong hand ? I have no experience of shorthanded games and want to be better =)

So if i bet here, at least i will get one call, and will probably get raised..
Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The check from the PFR must mean a really strong hand right ? Most opponents would Continuationbet here, i think he would do that do. So when he check, im thinking he has a set of JJ/AA or has completly missed the flop.

The small bet from the Loose/passive opponent, what does that mean ? A informationbet or a really strong hand ? I have no experience of shorthanded games and want to be better =)

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably just means that they are really bad.

[ QUOTE ]
So if i bet here, at least i will get one call, and will probably get raised..

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that you are probably not going to win the pot on the turn by betting and given the flop action you can anticipate one of them betting an amount that is too small (a mistake). You have a draw that is well hidden so if you do hit you will get paid (assuming someone has an ace). If you don't it only cost you a small amount to continue.

Lucky
Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 AM

I see no value in doing anything but c/c'ing.

As mentioned above, it's likely at least one of these guys has an A, and they're not folding here.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:35 AM

Check/fold the flop. If the preflop raiser bet then you might have a better chance of getting paid off and thus could peel one on the basis of implied odds, but since the last dude to act bet, he could easily just be taking a stab at the pot and thus will likely not have a great hand to pay you off with when you hit the gutshot.

...so for that reason, I like leading the turn strong. I think he'll fold a lot of air-ish hands or weakish pairs; if he raises you can call knowing he has a good hand and that you have a good shot at getting paid, and if he calls then you have a ton of outs with which to hit a disguised hand on the river.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the flop. If the preflop raiser bet then you might have a better chance of getting paid off and thus could peel one on the basis of implied odds, but since the last dude to act bet, he could easily just be taking a stab at the pot and thus will likely not have a great hand to pay you off with when you hit the gutshot.

...so for that reason, I like leading the turn strong. I think he'll fold a lot of air-ish hands or weakish pairs; if he raises you can call knowing he has a good hand and that you have a good shot at getting paid, and if he calls then you have a ton of outs with which to hit a disguised hand on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I change my mind, I like doing this.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 AM

fold pf
Old 04-30-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

A little over 100bbs deep with one cold-caller already and another limper behind that will also likely call and pad your odds, I think calling with QTs is great, and that's coming from a pretty nitty dude.

Furthermore, pre-flop is probably the least important street in poker and is certainly the least important street in this hand. I don't think looking at this hand and making a two word answer of "fold pf" with no explanation as to why you don't like a strong suited 1-gapper in this spot is helping anyone.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:56 AM

Ok, I quess im a real fish lol. I did not play well. Im wondering what Jesaja had ?

This is what happend.

[b]
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bet, $20.
Jesaja Raises, $51.
Gameboy5 Calls, $51.
Hero Raises all in.
Gameboy5 Calls,$55.

** Dealing River ** [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

gameboy5 shows [ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] two pairs, aces and jacks.
XarsioN shows [ T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] high card ace.
gameboy5 wins $287 from the main pot with two pairs, aces and jacks.