Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Need help evaluating my game

I'm a first time poster here on SS limit and pretty new overall to 2+2. I thought myself to be a decent limit player(breakeven) usually playing 2/4-3/6 but have just been bleeding chips lately. I have not really been doing anything different. I know my main problem is most likely playing to many hands. Basiaclly I really need to evaluate my game and am wondering if I could get some suggestions to do so. Maybe some books/articles, maybe a positional hand selection chart. I'm kinda lost here and any help would be appreciated.

sorry if this is not the right spot for this post. Just let me know if this is the case.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Need help evaluating my game

Post hands. Ask questions. Partake in hand discussions.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:14 PM

This is a very good resource that also has a link to a hand chart. web page
Old 04-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Live or online?
Old 04-19-2007, 11:44 PM

buy and read and memorize Small Stakes Hold Em
post hands on here
?
profit
Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 AM

Online..
This is how things usually progress. I play a TAG solid game for about an hour or two usually beating the game pretty handidly. Then cards run dry or some bad beat or something like that sets me into a heated mode and i where i play too many hands, become vengeful of people who have put beats on me (meaning goo after them/overplay hands with them). I lose all my winnings and some and then end my session pissed off. I wold have to say this has happened literally just like this my last 10 or 15 sessions. Maybe i just figured my problem out. I'm sure there are many other leaks but anaways thanks for the responses.
Also my bankroll management is [censored]. I usually fire up 3-5 3/6 tables with my online bankroll hovering aroun 1k
Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
play a TAG solid game for about an hour or two usually beating the game pretty handidly. Then cards run dry or some bad beat or something like that sets me into a heated mode and i where i play too many hands, become vengeful of people who have put beats on me (meaning goo after them/overplay hands with them). I lose all my winnings and some and then end my session pissed off. I wold have to say this has happened literally just like this my last 10 or 15 sessions. Maybe i just figured my problem out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe. Its all one long session. You shouldn't be playing the last hand in a different mindset than the first hand. ( you might play the last hand differently, because of what you know about your opponents)

[ QUOTE ]
I usually fire up 3-5 3/6 tables with my online bankroll hovering aroun 1k

[/ QUOTE ]

That's running a little thin, unless you are willing to reload from other funds. Most players if they aren't willing to reload are usually running at a minimum of 300 to 500 big bets, and many longterm players actually keep more like 1000 in their bankroll. If you can and will reload though, having 150 or so, is plenty.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online..
This is how things usually progress. I play a TAG solid game for about an hour or two usually beating the game pretty handidly. Then cards run dry or some bad beat or something like that sets me into a heated mode and i where i play too many hands, become vengeful of people who have put beats on me (meaning goo after them/overplay hands with them). I lose all my winnings and some and then end my session pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I struggle with the same problem, often playing very well & running up a nice win for my session early, but then letting the inevitable turnaround affect my play. My solution to this has been to play shorter sessions, and then take a nice little break (whether I'm up or down at the time) before hitting the tables again. How long of a break to take depends on how long it takes you to reset your poker psyche (for me 20 mins will usually do it--enough time to take a leak & fix a snack).

I understand if you'd rather not, but if you want to post the screenname that you play under, I'm sure people here will be more than willing to help you out with any notes or stats that they have on you. There are a lot of 3/6 regulars on this forum (if you're playing on FTP then I'm sure I have several hundred hands on you at least).
Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Read small stakes as suggested. i am working through it at the moment. It is priceless and has turned me from being a losing player into winning player on first use(only on the one game not overall but its a good start).

good luck
Old 04-19-2007, 11:50 PM

play less hands. fold most of the time.

don't call raises flat.

try to read the board and see how you think it fits your hand and your opponents hand.

drop down and beat 1/2 before moving back up.

read inside the poker mind.