Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2006, 01:54 AM

Default Neverwin on 100/200 6-max early this morning (Feb 15)

Did anyone else catch this??? He sat down with 10k at around 2:30 am EST. By about 6 am he was at 37k and he left with about 33k. Now I'm no mathematician. But single-tabling at the 100/200 level and bringing down in the ball park of 125 big bets in a few hours seems absurd. I've only seen it done a handful of times in my 500,000 hand career, and I've never come close to winning that many BBs from one table. Neverwin did it at the ONLY 100/200 table against presumably pretty tough competition (kbh04 was there for example).

And he did it by playing probably 70% of his hands. It was a poker clinic to say the least.

So just wondering if anyone else saw this or wanted to discuss the mechanics of how he pulled it off.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Neverwin on 100/200 6-max early this morning

did he just run hot or was he actually outplaying ppl?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had some sick hands. Like one hand he 3-bets preflop and button caps it... 3 take the flop of AQ3 it goes check, NW bets, button raises, NW 3-bets, button calls. Turn is a T NW bets button calls. River is a K completing a flush draw and (obviously) the gutshot straight. NW bets, button raises, NW thinks for a second (which you notice because everything NW does at the poker table is lightning fast with no hesitation) then he 3-bets. Button calls and NW drags the pot with QQ, trip Qs. Button had AK. If you think about it it is an absolutely amazing read. In that microsecond he put button on AK and 3-bet it, even though he was beat by AA, KK, any J and the flush. And if you think about how the hand went down, he was completely correct that the only hand button could have was AK.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:38 AM

or maybe he just thought "duh, i have a set and just got raised on the river, maybe I'll reraise him"

NOT 3 betting that river would be atrocious, feel free to remove his balls from your mouth at any time.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
feel free to remove his balls from your mouth at any time.

[/ QUOTE ]

childish and not called for... why would you even say stuff like this?
Old 02-16-2006, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had some sick hands. Like one hand he 3-bets preflop and button caps it... 3 take the flop of AQ3 it goes check, NW bets, button raises, NW 3-bets, button calls. Turn is a T NW bets button calls. River is a K completing a flush draw and (obviously) the gutshot straight. NW bets, button raises, NW thinks for a second (which you notice because everything NW does at the poker table is lightning fast with no hesitation) then he 3-bets. Button calls and NW drags the pot with QQ, trip Qs. Button had AK. If you think about it it is an absolutely amazing read. In that microsecond he put button on AK and 3-bet it, even though he was beat by AA, KK, any J and the flush. And if you think about how the hand went down, he was completely correct that the only hand button could have was AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess, and this is what Id assume is button capped it so he either has AK, AQ, AA, QQ or KK. just do probabilities to see which is more likely.

And since button capped it there is almost no way for him to have the flush unless its AJs. Just some common poker thought will steer the way there. If button had AA there would be more turn action, AK diamonds and AQ diamonds is impossible, so either AK or KK. just go on the numbers from there.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my guess, and this is what Id assume is button capped it so he either has AK, AQ, AA, QQ or KK. just do probabilities to see which is more likely.

And since button capped it there is almost no way for him to have the flush unless its AJs. Just some common poker thought will steer the way there. If button had AA there would be more turn action, AK diamonds and AQ diamonds is impossible, so either AK or KK. just go on the numbers from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about this all day in class. Isn't AJ more of a possibility than we're giving him credit for. Given neverwin is playing very loose, couldn't AJ be an isolation raise?
Old 02-16-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about this all day in class. Isn't AJ more of a possibility than we're giving him credit for. Given neverwin is playing very loose, couldn't AJ be an isolation raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, especially because NW was capping ATo and 3-betting many subpar hands. Actually in my view JJ is even plausible in that it's an obvious cap preflop and against NW and opponent #1 a flop raise isn't even that bad just to push opponent #1 out and possibly be ahead of NW's range. When NW 3-bets the flop that doesn't at all guarantee a hand better than JJ.

But the thing about NW's play is it matched up real well to the opponent. I'm conjecturing that he had determined that the opponent wasn't capable of capping AJo or playing JJ like that on the flop... and from the play I had seen to that point this view seemed to be quite accurate.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QQ isn't a possibility, I guess I could see KK getting there, however because there's a lot of river cards that can freeze the action, so I don't see AA or AQ playing this way. I will also throw in AJ because of neverwin's loose play. That leaves us with KK, AK, and AJ.
KK - 3 combos
AK - 9 combos
AJ - 12 combos
however, if we presume he will only cap w/ AJs, now:
KK - 3 combos
AK - 9 combos
AJs - 3 combos
9 > 6
Old 02-16-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Neverwin on 100/200 6-max early this morning (Feb 15)

did you mine it? lets see stat screenshtos. someone has to have them.