Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 10:39 AM

Default April MLB

YTD: 0-0

Haven't been around in a while after a bad late season CBB slump. Back for my first season of MLB and hopefully a profitable one. One note: Unfortunately, I am currently on TheGreek which has 20 cent lines. Therefore, my lines will most likely suck for a couple of days until I get money in WSEX, BetJamaica, or 5Dimes.

Milwaukee (Sheets) -125 (1.25u to win 1)
Tampa Bay (Kazmir) +157 (1u to win 1.57)
Baltimore (Bedard) - This will be a .5 unit play, but TheGreek currently has them at 180, so I will wait to see if I get a better number. It will be a play regardless.

That's it for today. I will have write-ups once we get a couple of weeks into the season and we have some trends and stats to go by. The first two weeks or so seems to be about perception and finding value (saying this is ironic as I getting bad lines right now, but that won't last long).

GL to all and enjoy the games today.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: April MLB

Scratch Baltimore, as it went to 170 and I can't justify playing it anymore.

1-1, Even for the day.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM

YTD: 1-1, +0
Yesterday: 1-1, +0

Split yesterday with the Devil Rays and the Brewers. Chalk the D-Rays as a team that I will be reluctant to bet because of their atrocious bullpen. I knew it would be bad, but that was the one game I got to watch yesterday, and they really struggled.

Colorado (Francis) -133 (1.99u to win 1.5) - This looks to be a solid play as Francis is a bit underrated in general and the Rockies are notorious for thrashing an already inconsistent Livan.

Pittsburgh (Snell) +156 (.75u to win 1.17) - I watched Snell a couple of times last year and was impressed in general as I think he has the potential to have shut down stuff. He is still inconsistent, but this price is high and I don't think that Jennings warrants this lofty price.

Will probably have one more small play today. GL to all today.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:58 PM

YTD: 3-1, +2.67u
Yesterday: 2-0, +2.67u

Good day yesterday with both Colorado and Pittsburgh coming in late. All favorites today:

LA Dodgers (Schmidt) -112 (1.12u to win 1) - Can't see the Dodgers starting off 0-3 here. Dodger hitters hit Suppan better than Brewer hitters hit Schmidt.

Oakland (Harden) -120 (1.2u to win 1) - Seattle can't hit Harden to save their lives, and although I don't love betting poor offensive teams, have to take this great number on Oakland's best pitcher (despite the fact he is 3rd in the rotation here)

Philadelphia (Hamels) -127 (.635u to win .5) - Not a great number here so I'll have to go for only a half unit. Just see value in the better offense and potentially better pitcher here. Also, despite the crappy weather here earlier today, there will be a healthy crowd there tonight as it is College Night, Dollar Dog Night, and Giveaway Night.

GL to all tonight.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 PM

YTD: 5-2
Yesterday: 2-1

Won yesterday with Dodgers and A's and lost with the Phillies. Have to catch up on the books but I am up around 4 units thus far. I was not going to play anything today since the card is horrible, but this line has moved too much in my opinion:

Chicago White Sox (Buehrle) +103 (.5u to win .515)

That will be all unless the Royals line continues to rise. GL to all today.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:40 PM

YTD: 6-2, +4.55u
Yesterday: 1-0, +0.515u

White Sox hit yesterday thanks largely in part to Roberto Hernandez.

Today:

Baltimore (Loewen) +204 (0.5u to win 1.02): Loewen beat the Yanks twice last season, and Baltimore actually has had success against Mussina. Roberts (16-32, .500), Millar (16-35, .457), Tejada (18-43, .419, 4 HRs), Gibbons (14-38, .368), and Mora (11-34, .324) all of had great success against him. The Yankees have limited experience vs. Loewen, but none of them have had great success against him thus far. In Loewen's career against the Yanks, he has 24 innings pitched, is 2-1, and has a 2.63 ERA. This line is way too inflated.

St. Louis (Wainwright) -110 (1.1u to win 1): Here we have two struggling offenses, but St. Louis can get off the hook today with the help of Wandy Rodriguez. Rodriguez has had a 5+ ERA in each of his two seasons, and last year he gave up a a walk about once for every two innings pitched. He walked 9 batters in 2 games late in spring training before finally walking none in six innings in his last spring training start against KC (though he gave up 10 hits in 6 innings). I like Wainwright and expect him to be an effective starter for this team. Cards should get their first win today.

Detroit (Verlander) -160 (1.6u to win 1): Juice is a little high, but it is worth it here. KC is improving, but De La Rosa is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Verlander has also has dominated the Royals in the past, going 21 innings while posting a 3-0 record and a 0.86 ERA. De La Rosa went 5-6 last year with a 6.49 ERA in 28 appearances (13 starts). He also walked an astounding 54 batters in 79 innings. In his last spring training start, he allowed 6 runs, 5 hits, and 3 walks in just 1 and 2/3 innings.

That should be all for today. Gl to all today.