Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How do you order your cards when playing a card game
I order them highest to lowest going left to right (Aces on the left, deuces on the right) 60 35.29%
I order them lowest to highest going left to right (Deuces on the left, aces on the right) 91 53.53%
I keep them in a jumbled mess 19 11.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Overpair vs. bluffer, 50NL

Villain is 62/8/3 over 100 hands. My note on him from earlier sessions says "LAG...makes big bluffs early and shows to get action?
not afraid to make huge bluffs" He has been at the table about 2 orbits and hasn't done anything out of line this session.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($26.55)
Button ($49.65)
SB ($32.55)
BB ($18.35)
Hero ($154.30)
MP ($16.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, SB calls $4.50, BB folds.

Turn: ($15) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero??
<font color="blue"> Bet or check? Why? </font>
Old 03-28-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Overpair vs. bluffer, 50NL

I dont think he has a straigth, so i have choosen to call a PSB.

At least we would check behind and re-eval on the rivercard.

It is to early to say what we should do on the river.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 AM

i bet b/c we are probably ahead, but we aren't all that far ahead. if he wants to chase w/overs or a pp, fine. if we are willing to call any river bet, then we shouldn't check the turn b/c the river hasn't changed our relative hand strength. if we believe are good enough now to call down anything, we should have just bet the turn.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 AM

I´m pretty confident you´re ahead too. The problem is if you check the turn and a blank hits on the river he´s prob going to take a stab and you just can´t call a psb on the river. I think betting around 8 on the turn is fine so you can check behind the river. If you check the turn what´s you plan? You can´t stand a lot of heat... I´d just try to get to the river because your hand has showdown value.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I´m pretty confident you´re ahead too. The problem is if you check the turn and a blank hits on the river he´s prob going to take a stab and you just can´t call a psb on the river. I think betting around 8 on the turn is fine so you can check behind the river. If you check the turn what´s you plan? You can´t stand a lot of heat... I´d just try to get to the river because your hand has showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ].
Huh??????????????? if we check the turn then he'll take a stab on the river and we can't call? Yet you advocate betting the turn? Why get get him to fold out random bluffs? Betting the turn just makes the pot bigger also which makes getting to showdown even harder.

I'm sorry ive had the flu for the past week so maybe I'm missing something here. But doesn't this exact thought process make check turn call river perfect? I'm sorry but your logic is really flawed here, re-read and think about what you've written.

Against a bluffer check behind on the turn, and call almost any river up to a pot sized bet, and i'd consider calling a push on a total blank alough from what you've said he has been sensible this session.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:20 AM

i agree about calling up to a psb, but i don't think our hand is strong enough to be calling down an ai here if we haven't bet the turn.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree about calling up to a psb, but i don't think our hand is strong enough to be calling down an ai here if we haven't bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd rather call a river AI after a turn check/call than after a turn bet/call.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:18 AM

even though the turn bet allows us to check behind on a blank river, it's not the main reason i'm betting-- just an extra benefit. our hand is good but vulnerable so i'm kind of hoping he folds.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 AM

I think checking is way the best option here. Against a habitual bluffer you could get pushed out of the pot here any time, so betting isn't that fun. If he has the straight, you have 4 outs to improve. And by checking you induce bluffs like crazy, so I would check behind and c/c river.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think checking is way the best option here. Against a habitual bluffer you could get pushed out of the pot here any time, so betting isn't that fun. If he has the straight, you have 4 outs to improve. And by checking you induce bluffs like crazy, so I would check behind and c/c river.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with this. I don't think betting turn is wrong but I also prefer the check...esp. since he hadn't done anything out of line this session so he thinks his image is pristine (Ok, I think that he thinks that I think he is pristine...3rd level? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ).

For those who said call up to a PSB on the river...the note said he likes "huge bluffs"...I would have called anything since I think he's bluffing more than he has a hand here.

Results: <font color="white">He bluffed ~PSB on river, I called, and MHIG </font>