Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM

Default 4/8 LHE Live - K2s

At Commerce. 2 orbits into my session at a super passive and very friendly table (lots of joking around, etc...). I usually wouldn't play this hand in MP, but most pots had 7+ players and nobody was raising preflop. Villain mid 30's and asian, and was on my direct right. He seemed like a solid player as he was the only other player not in every pot. FWIW, I think I misplayed this on every street.

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP3.

UTG limps, MP2 (Villain) limps, hero limps, co and button limp, sb calls, bb checks.

7 to the flop for 7sb
Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked around. Usually I'll bet when I have trips because nobody ever does, but this time I went for a check raise and missed.

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checked to Villain who Bets, Hero Raises, Folded back to Villain who 3-bets, Hero calls.

River is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain Bets, Hero ?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Re: 4/8 LHE Live - K2s

would he raise preflop with 99?

otherwise, i don't see any hand beating you.

i would raise the river, and call a 3 bet.

you definately should have bet the flop.. going for a check raise in middle position is too risky, might as well get the bets in now for sure.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM

preflop is fine i suppose

bet the flop. You're in a tough spot because you didn't bet the flop. Not betting the flop is a worse mistake than anything else.

The river really doesn't change much IMHO.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:09 PM

I think this should probably be a fold preflop. Its not a horrible or bad call, but I think folding is better.

I'd raise and call a 3-bet on the river.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 PM

I fold preflop. Only 2 limpers in? I'd call OTB after several limpers, but I think this is a little thin.

I bet the flop and put one more raise in, then I'd call down. No way he doesn't bet that flop if he has 99. Did he flop a FH with 44? That would suck.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Checked around. Usually I'll bet when I have trips because nobody ever does, but this time I went for a check raise and missed

You should bet on a board of this texture with that hand. Over cards will call, single pair cards will call, someone with the ace of hearts will call, someone might get frisky and raise.

Bet this next time, you need to recoup some of your losses from the times you fold this on the flop.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:24 PM

bet the flop; no one will believe you.

i'd go several bets on the river personally since we just pulled ahead of a2, 42, 92.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop; no one will believe you.

i'd go several bets on the river personally since we just pulled ahead of a2, 42, 92.

[/ QUOTE ]

The player described never has 92 and rarely has 42. What range would you give him when he threebets the turn assuming he is reasonable? Keep in mind that he isn't retarded preflop.

I actually think we should cap this turn, but that could be spew.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:36 PM

well obviously i am worried about 44 and 99, but i think villain could have many 2x hands, all of which we beat (on the river but not the turn), including a2. that's why i would rather go more bets on the river than the turn. i wouldn't go like eight though, but maybe four-ish.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 PM

I agree that this is thin preflop and I usually would fold it. I definitely made a mistake not betting the flop as well. Everyone in Live LHE expects you to wait until the turn to get aggressive with flopped trips because they do, and I broadcast my hand by waiting. I'll post results in a bit.