Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Default KTsooted.

Live 6-12 game.

(OWG)Old white guy who never folds an ace before the river limps, (Chaser) young guy who plays any two suited, and will chase any draw to the river limps, I'm in the Cutoff, and Raise with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], button folds, SB folds, and a youngish player with an Ipod calls in the BB and the two limpers call. (8sbs, Four players)

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] *

IPod Bets, OWG folds, Chaser calls, My play?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: KTsooted.

i mix in half raises and half calls here usually, adjusted to how nitty other perceive me and how donkish the BB is.

if others perceive me as nitty, i raise flop and bet almost all turn cards, expecting to fold out the original better and get it heads up with the chaser.

in addition, if BB donks any pair/any draw here with regularity i raise 100%. if BB only bets TP+ i call.

if i just sat down, i usually raise this to establish a loose tricky image in hopes of getting paid off more as the session progresses.

if BB is total rock, i call and fold turn UI.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:06 PM

For what it's worth, I hadn't played many hands with the BB, but I thought that he played a fairly tight straghtforward game.

I probably look like I'm a nit, I haven't played many hands, and the hands I've showndown, have all been winners. And I haven't talked a lot.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM

interesting, in this case i think i might raise the flop and look for a free card on the turn if UI, confident that if bet into again on the river UI that i can toss it. if hes straightforward this is usually something like QJ, Q9, Q8 and the free card play will pretty much always work, and unless he has KQ all your outs (6 two pair, 1 for BDflush, 0.5 for BD straight) are live.

a straightforward player in this case would almost almost Check raise the flop with two pair or better btw, and not lead out with KJ or J9.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth, I hadn't played many hands with the BB, but I thought that he played a fairly tight straghtforward game.

I probably look like I'm a nit, I haven't played many hands, and the hands I've showndown, have all been winners. And I haven't talked a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob,

Hmmm....You raised and he bet into you on the flop. If he had a hand that had a Queen wouldnt he have check raised? Did the villian have a check raise in his arsenal?

Perhaps he has a hand like KJ or J10 ?

I would raise and take a free turn card if I did not improve.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:08 AM

interesting, i would have also made a mental note that the kid plays weak tight on the big streets
Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Easy Call.

Raise isn't likely to define your hand at this point. Even if you get RR, what could they have?

Second button w/back door str8 and flush and one over is a call not a raise.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy Call.

Raise isn't likely to define your hand at this point. Even if you get RR, what could they have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised, not because I thought I had the best hand. I raised, because I thought that I had a good chance of getting a freecard, and if I would pay one small bet to peel here, I thought that I would happily pay two small bets to see two cards.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:28 PM

* grunch *

I count approximately 6 or so outs (1.5 backdoor flush, 1 backdoor straight, 2 Tens, maybe 1.5 for Kings) so I'm definitely not folding getting 10:1. On my usual 2/4 table a raise will usually get me a free card so I raise here all the time; not sure what a 6/12 table is like. Then I re-evaluate on the turn.

GcluelessnoobkillingB&M2/4forasweet89cents/hourG
Old 03-13-2007, 04:12 PM

I would tend to raise here pretty often. But I would bet the turn unless it is a A,J, or 9.

--I think we have the best hand sometimes
--I think raising (especially in a live game) will be the cheapest way to get to showdown
--I think that our image will cause the abc BB to make a mistake on the turn every now and then.

If we don't think the BB capable of betting a worse hand, then I am more inclined to call.