Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Interesting hand at 100nl (AQo 3bet pot)

This is a pretty advanced hand and I'm not even sure myself if I did the right thing.

First off reads;
UTG is a decent player, he knows I 3bet him light and usually he's folding. He isn't really involved in the hand so I'll keep my other reads to myself.
Button is a very good player from what I saw so far, he's tricky and agressive and very much capable of making moves. He was 3betting me a fair amount so far and I folded each time preflop. He's seen me cbet in a 3bet pot and giving up on the turn before. He probably views me as a bit weak/tight because I was forced to fold to agression quite a few times on his tables.

I'll post later on wtf I was thinking during the hand, and to be honest I wasn't 100% sure what to do either. After the hand and thinking it through a bit better I think I did the right thing although its quite marginal.

Ok on to the hand;
Stacks;
110$ effective stacks

Dealt to Freelancer;
A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG raises to 4$
Hero raises to 13$
Button calls 13$ (!!)
UTG folds

Flop (30$);
2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets 20$
Villain calls 20$

Turn (~70$)
6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks
Villain shoves for ~65$
Hero ???

Feel free to critizise any part of this hand except preflop, that part is SO standard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand at 100nl (AQo 3bet pot)

Pretty easy move to make. You cbet en check turn wich indicates a missed flop.

Close call though, but i probably fold and wait till im in a better spot to stack him when he makes a move.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Close call though, but i probably fold and wait till im in a better spot to stack him when he makes a move.

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands do you think coldcall preflop and bet the turn?

Also if this is marginal +ev I'd take it, no point in waiting for a better spot. This is a multitabling regular he'll rebuy if he loses anyway...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:14 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT-AA, AK and maybe AQ.

out of all of those, i think only hands you beat bet the turn. would you explain your reasoning?

Edit: ok, i see where you're coming from. interesting hand.I might have thought that AK would bet the turn since there are a few draws out: hearts, you might have JT, AJ. your range is so wide he's committed to calling a river AI, and he knows this, so i don't know.

BTW, have you found a student?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 AM

I think I find a fold here. You need to be good around half the time and I really don't think you will be. A decent reg isn't calling a preflop 3bet without a decent holding and he can't think he has decent implied odds for various weaker holdings if you've got a weak tight image.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also if this is marginal +ev I'd take it, no point in waiting for a better spot. This is a multitabling regular he'll rebuy if he loses anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

With another look it is not very likely you have him beat here. Maybe he does this with Jacks or Tens... but Dont know if it makes it EV+

U might consider to follow the line of C/C here as some one mentioned above.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 AM

Why are we cbetting this flop? Its not a very drawy board so we are WA/WB. I like a C/C flop lead turn line to catch an aggro making a move and to get info.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we cbetting this flop? Its not a very drawy board so we are WA/WB. I like a C/C flop lead turn line to catch an aggro making a move and to get info.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like a c/c flop, lead turn line because at that point I'm usually forced to shove the turn. c/c flop and c/f the turn isnt that great either because I'd be folding the best hand on the turn a lot. So I decided to bet the flop and see what happens.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like a c/c flop, lead turn line because at that point I'm usually forced to shove the turn. c/c flop and c/f the turn isnt that great either because I'd be folding the best hand on the turn a lot. So I decided to bet the flop and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is the case here or not but it reminds me of a problem I had a while ago and it really helped me when someone pointed it out.

I'd generally evaluate my options leaving betting until last. The conclusion I drew was that other options sucked therefore my only option was to bet. Needless to say this was terrible logic so if anyone finds themselves doing it, stop now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this is the case here or not but it reminds me of a problem I had a while ago and it really helped me when someone pointed it out.

I'd generally evaluate my options leaving betting until last. The conclusion I drew was that other options sucked therefore my only option was to bet. Needless to say this was terrible logic so if anyone finds themselves doing it, stop now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if every option sucks you either did something wrong earlier in the hand or raising/betting is correct (if your going to play the hand). Most of the time if every option seems awkward/weird betting/raising or folding is correct and most people are calling (incorrectly) in those spots...