Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Jamaica---smoke

I am going on a cruise out of Miami. We will be making an all day stop in Jamaica. I am interested in trying out the local weed. Is this possible?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Jamaica---smoke

our tour guide said
"you can take as much as you want back on the boat in your head man, but not in your hand"

i heard you can smoke it leagally at bob marleys restraunt, but we never went so i dont know, i know my brother in law founf it no problem tho, we were at free public beach
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM

You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will have several people approach you, only buy from the guys who dont ask you to take a ride to pick it up. Best places to find some is at the public beaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I'm sorry to say that the weed there sucks, it will likely be a fun experience either way (novelty and all), but the grass is a flashback to the 60's... None of this new hydroponic stuff you are used to smoking in North America..
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Ya, exactly. Also, if you go down there make friends with a cigar shop owner, get his number, most will ship you cubans whenever you want.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I'm sorry to say that the weed there sucks, it will likely be a fun experience either way (novelty and all), but the grass is a flashback to the 60's... None of this new hydroponic stuff you are used to smoking in North America..

[/ QUOTE ]

Both pretty right on. Another thing, I know it's "Jamaica" but pay attention to your surroundings. I had a guy trying to sell me some mushrooms, I took a look and passed, but what seemed like 5 seconds later about four machine gun toting cops were all over this guy. I felt like I could've easily been snagged up. If you do decide to buy some, haggle a little bit--be aware of what's going on around you, it's nohing special anyway and I'd highly recommend against taking anything back onboard. Just not worth it, plus its barely a step above schwag imo. and that's if you get the best around.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:23 AM

i have to agree with all the posters trying to keep you from getting your hopes up. i have personally never been. i know a few close friends who went. they bought about 4oz's from some guy they met at a beach when they first got there for about 60 bucks. the stuff barely got them high. later on in the trip they bought maybe a half oz of some stuff that was better. still nothing great. they ended up tossing the 4oz's into a bonfire just for fun before they left.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's too funny.

You be smokin the tourist weed, Son.

Here's what you do:

Get in taxi.
Tell driver you want some weed. Can he get it?
After he says 'Yes', say "Not that crap the tourists get.....I want some of what you smoke." and give him a knowing smile.

He should be able to hook you up.

No good weed in Jamaica.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's too funny.

You be smokin the tourist weed, Son.

Here's what you do:

Get in taxi.
Tell driver you want some weed. Can he get it?
After he says 'Yes', say "Not that crap the tourists get.....I want some of what you smoke." and give him a knowing smile.

He should be able to hook you up.

No good weed in Jamaica.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you read the posts above you will notice that EVERYONE who smoked there said it was about as good as mexican brick weed. If you had a different experience then I'm happy you are sharing it here.

Next time I am in Jamaica I will try to do what you suggest and make it a point to tell whoever I am getting it from that I want the highest quality bud they can arrange. What do you think I should expect to pay for say a couple of grams and do you really feel it compares to the likes of BC Bud or the equivalent?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM

i went on a Norwegian Cruise lines cruise out of Miami, which stopped at Ochos Rios where i procured some fantastic Ganja. The cabbies will all know where u can get herb. the guys around the port all had marginal weed so we found a cabbie who took us to a "plantation" it took a while, and in hindsight was probably pretty stupid/dangerous, but it culminated in us getting an OZ for $90. We did bring it back on the boat. we drew straws, and the loser smuggled it on in a framed picture he bought.