Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Poker is harder?

I think poker has become easier for my style. I think its much easier now to see what my opps have and play accordingly.

I think that all the threads about poker being harder now are coming from HUD bot players who do not know how to play poker. Lets examine a HUD bot player. They play 4-8+ tables and play very few hands post flop. This style of playing is now not very profitable and I love it.

Also, in muddywaters latest video at 2/4 NL on pstars, he took down $1300 in that session--poker must be dying.

Poker is like life in many ways. It will go through cycles and if you cannot adjust find a new hobby.

Learn to play poker and you will be fine and please quit whining about how hard poker has become.

cheers
Boon
Old 03-06-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Poker is harder?

Maybe he just had a good session? I have yet to play w/ fish that were as bas as the ones in that video (post-Party). He ran into 2 tricky spots in however many hands he logged. Talk to me when they post the videos w/ sessions that involve set over set, every draw missed, top pair shoving turn and getting outdrawn by a terrible luckbox.

Maybe you should go and read his blog about the downswings he went through last year. You're an optimistic moron noob, GOOD DAY!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should go and read his blog about the downswings he went through last year. You're an optimistic moron noob, GOOD DAY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so angry?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 PM

Anybody who says you just need to adjust is either running well or doesn't understand how the world of poker works. Bottom Line = It's very very very hard to deposit money into sites these days. This means when people lose they can't get any money back onto the site. You are now left with winning players who have bankrolls battling eachother.. The total pool of money is dying by the day as the rake keeps running. Glad I didn't sell my business.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who says you just need to adjust is either running well or doesn't understand how the world of poker works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you don't understand how the world of poker works.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody who says you just need to adjust is either running well or doesn't understand how the world of poker works. Bottom Line = It's very very very hard to deposit money into sites these days. This means when people lose they can't get any money back onto the site. You are now left with winning players who have bankrolls battling eachother.. The total pool of money is dying by the day as the rake keeps running. Glad I didn't sell my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a world beyond the United States.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM

You just need to adjust.

No seriously you do here is what I have done
1.I have just been looking for the right games weather it be no limit or limit or stud be willing to play whatever and whenever you find weakness (my omaha is a little weak but I have been working on it)
2. Cut back to no more then 3 tables and bring my A game to each one
3.Full concentration no TV on while playing no checking Email or talking on phone no distractions every hing else tuned out
4. shorter sessions with longer breaks as soon as I take a couple beats or start to feel my concentration lag I have found the willpower to get up and go for a walk or do some other physical activity
5. first hour of each playing day devoted to game improvment
reading a book, studying poker tracker or reading hand history posts on the net
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. This is the dilemma. It is harder. I used to win more money, easier, because their were many more dumb and clueless players. Now there are less dumb and clueless players. This is not controversial.

Nor is it controversial that this requires a change in playing style, and that if you play better than your opponents you will win money. And the better you play against these less fishy opponents, the better you will do.

Nor is it controversial that there is a bit too much whining on 2 + 2 about the current state of affairs.

Thus pretty much everyone on this thread has a valid point, but its just degenerated into an "I'm better than you, you are stooopid" thread, which come to think of it, is actually my favorite. Carry on.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talk to me when they post the videos w/ sessions that involve set over set, every draw missed, top pair shoving turn and getting outdrawn by a terrible luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying if I find a table where I can shove the turn with TP, and always get called by worse hands, that this is bad for my bottom line? How?

You are confusing variance with profitability. If you are actively leaving tables with lots of "luckboxes" that call your turn shoves with worse hands, then maybe that explains why you think poker has gotten harder, and you can't find any fish.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, in muddywaters latest video at 2/4 NL on pstars, he took down $1300 in that session--poker must be dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please...