Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Seattle Area Gamblers for Possible Times Article

Yesterday afternoon I had a 30 minute phone conversation about internet gambling with a columnist for the Seattle Times newspaper. I brought him up to speed on the state of internet gambling post UIGEA (the pullout of sites, the fallout from Neteller, impact of UIGEA vs. Washington State’s own laws, etc). He was receptive to our plight and asked me if he could come over and observe me gamble online. Unfortunately, earlier this month I withdrew my entire online bankroll due to the Neteller debacle so I have no funds with which to play. Are there any Seattle area professional or semi-professional internet gamblers who would be interested in being interviewed? I honestly have no idea where this will lead, but I do believe it could lead to favorable media coverage in a major newspaper. Please PM me with your "internet gambling resume" and your contact information and I will forward them onto the columnist.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Seattle Area Gamblers for Possible Times Article

So you are asking for fellow Wash state posters to let a columnist observe and report on them committing a felony?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are asking for fellow Wash state posters to let a columnist observe and report on them committing a felony?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, pretty much. Call it civil disobedience. I cannot speak for others, but I personally am willing to take the risk for a cause I believe in.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I personally am willing to take the risk for a cause I believe in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you aren't because despite being able to get your roll out of neteller you now are choosing not to fund a poker account by other means and let them watch you play. Instead you are asking for someone else to be the guinea pig.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you aren't because despite being able to get your roll out of neteller you now are choosing not to fund a poker account by other means and let them watch you play. Instead you are asking for someone else to be the guinea pig.

[/ QUOTE ]
My decision to sit on the sideline at this time has nothing to do with fear of prosecution. Post UIGEA and the loss of Neteller, my main game (PLO8) began shrinking in terms of quantity, quality, and stakes. After coming very close to having my roll frozen in Neteller, I decided to take some time off. I will be back. And when I do I will be happy to volunteer myself as the guinea pig for the article. I'm not sure when that will be (likely when it isn't a pain to fund my accounts), so until then I figured I'd open the floor for others to volunteer.

I do thank you for your comment, though, since my original post did not make the potential risks clear. Although it should go without saying, I will say it now. To those who wish to volunteer, you are consenting to discuss activities that are currently a felony in Washington State.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:18 PM

I might, stress on might, be willing to consider it. However, I would only be willing to contact the reporter directly. You can PM me their info.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My decision to sit on the sideline at this time has nothing to do with fear of prosecution. Post UIGEA and the loss of Neteller, my main game (PLO8) began shrinking in terms of quantity, quality, and stakes. After coming very close to having my roll frozen in Neteller, I decided to take some time off. I will be back. And when I do I will be happy to volunteer myself as the guinea pig for the article. I'm not sure when that will be (likely when it isn't a pain to fund my accounts), so until then I figured I'd open the floor for others to volunteer.

I do thank you for your comment, though, since my original post did not make the potential risks clear. Although it should go without saying, I will say it now. To those who wish to volunteer, you are consenting to discuss activities that are currently a felony in Washington State.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll transfer you 10 bucks to play on stars if you like.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since my original post did not make the potential risks clear. Although it should go without saying, I will say it now. To those who wish to volunteer, you are consenting to discuss activities that are currently a felony in Washington State.

[/ QUOTE ]

The actual risk is committing the felony, there's no crime in simply discussing it.

[ QUOTE ]
After coming very close to having my roll frozen in Neteller, I decided to take some time off. I will be back. And when I do I will be happy to volunteer myself as the guinea pig for the article. I'm not sure when that will be (likely when it isn't a pain to fund my accounts), so until then I figured I'd open the floor for others to volunteer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You feel so strongly about this that you won't come back from your time off just for a couple hours. ok. I tend to agree with BluffThis' view.

b
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM

Could you gamble with play money to show him how it is done?
Old 02-27-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you gamble with play money to show him how it is done?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Berge, I sent him a message offering to do this.