Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Default 100 NL AA OOP, 3 handed, is this a turn push?

No Limit, 200 BB deep, with blinds of $0.25/$0.50

SB has 35.96
BB has 164.06
UTG+2 has 51.30
UTG+3 has 136.78
UTG+4 has 77.05
UTG+5 Hero has 59 [ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
UTG+6 has 101.26
UTG+7 has 86.84
Button has 51.30

Pre-flop, 9 players
<font color="blue">2 calls</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">UTG+5 Hero raised to 2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">2 calls</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="blue">1 call</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>

<font color="black">Flop, 3 players, pot size = 11</font>[3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Hero raised to 8, Button calls 8, SB calls 8

<font color="black">Turn, 4 players, pot size = 35</font>[3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
1 check, Hero checks, Button raised 8, SB calls 8, Hero ?push?
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 100 NL AA OOP, 3 handed, is this a turn push?

call, re-evaluate
Old 02-26-2007, 02:32 PM

why on earth would you push, start check calling
Old 02-26-2007, 02:59 PM

I think they could be weak.

Pros
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]The flop 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is not a terrible flop.. WA/WB.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Villains were passive on the flop - two calls with flush showing against obivous aggresion
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 FDs now showing and villains are still laying great odds
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Resonable odds, $51 in the pot, Button has $32.8, SB has $17.46.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Reads.. Button has been out of line on pairs, SB is fairly loose
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]If I call the $8, the pot is $58, the draws get a cheap card, I am then facing a horrible river decision, either fold or a crying call.

Against
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]They were not scared off the flop
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Trip KKK, QQQ, 333, KQ kills me
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]This is how i make my money against Donks (am i the donk here?)

The turn check was for pot control, however their bets seem TOTALLY gutless to me.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a feeling they were weak

Pros
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]The flop 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is not a terrible flop.. WA/WB.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Villains were passive - two calls with flush showing against obivous aggresion
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Resonable odds, $51 in the pot, Button has $32.8, SB has $17.46.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Reads.. Button has been out of line on pairs, SB is fairly loose
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]If I call the $8, the pot is $58, the draws get a cheap card, I am then facing a horrible river decision, either fold or a crying call.

Against
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]They were not scared off the flop
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Trip KKK, QQQ, 333, KQ kills me
[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]This is how i make my money against Donks

[/ QUOTE ]

to start w/, you're right about being WA/WB, which makes a push absolutely terrible because it gets called by all better hands and folds all worse hands.

2nd pro: villains are passive- this is also a con, because one of them is betting a pretty crappy turn card for you.

3rd pro- odds- this is your 1st actual pro, but in a spot where you are basically praying that one is bluffing and one is drawing, i think you can pass on the odds of shoving

even if you want to commit to felting the hand, you get more value from just calling.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Villains were passive in the hand, they have previously been aggressive