Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 05:28 PM

Default I can beat a bluff

Villain is sLAG. We have had some ugly encounters before and by now we are mixing it up more than the cards and situations really dictate. I give him a really wide range after calling the button here, and I expect him to play back a fair bit on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($2208)
SB ($1223)
BB ($2303)
Hero ($1057)
MP ($1393)
CO ($925)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $35, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($85) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $155</font>, Hero calls $95.

Turn: ($395) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($395) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $245</font>, Hero calls?
Old 02-25-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: I can beat a bluff

You wanna call a quarter of a stack hoping he's got hearts and doesn't have a pair with them?

SOOOOO many hands beat you. You're basically hoping he's got like 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something stupid like that. blah... No thanks.

- C -
Old 02-25-2007, 06:19 PM

nm
Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM

How about sticking it in? Set and J9 are very unlikely. I think the only hands left he could call with are 56hh/96hh or nonheart variants that decided to raise the flop . I think he folds just about everything else, and given his range is as wide as it is I have a hard time picturing a push being anything but +EV.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about sticking it in? Set and J9 are very unlikely. I think the only hands left he could call with are 56hh/96hh or nonheart variants that decided to raise the flop . I think he folds just about everything else, and given his range is as wide as it is I have a hard time picturing a push being anything but +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

kickin myself for not thinking of this [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What can he put Hero on here? I would be heavily inclined to call with some very mediocre hands just cause I have a really hard time putting Hero on anything here...that move would look a LOT like a bluff.

- C -
Old 02-25-2007, 08:28 PM

J9, top two, even a set? This is a super standard value line nowadays, although its being used as a bluff plenty (by some) as well, certainly, but saying you'd call with marginals because you have a hard time putting Hero on anything is silly.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:37 PM

I think AJ's suggestion of shoving is very good
Old 02-25-2007, 08:40 PM

CRAI is sooo much better than check calling the river.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J9, top two, even a set? This is a super standard value line nowadays, although its being used as a bluff plenty (by some) as well, certainly, but saying you'd call with marginals because you have a hard time putting Hero on anything is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, just can't. Set playing that weak? meh... I don't see many single flop pairs calling the flop that'd two-pair up. J9 maybe...MAYBE...but anything really strong not betting that river seems mega-risky to me.

Looks way too much like a missed something that doesn't want a show-down.

- C-