Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 11:59 AM

Default 27s: AQo Spew Early?

No reads, this hand happened two weeks ago.

I can still remember my thinking in this hand.

Decided to cbet, saw his call as weak.

Decided to fire another barrel on the turn, and again he would not go away.

On the river, I fired a third barrel b/c I felt I was committed at this point. My opponent showed no strength up to this point, and I figured he would have a hard time calling this push w/o a strong holding.

How far off is my logic?

BTW - this is a hand I c/f 99% of the time on the flop, so I do not 3 barrel with any kind of frequency in SNGs.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1485)
UTG+1 (t1570)
MP1 (t1565)
CO (t4525)
Button (t1635)
SB (t1380)
BB (t1340)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t90</font>, UTG+1 calls t90, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t225) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t150</font>, UTG+1 calls t150

Turn: (t525) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t300</font>, UTG+1 calls t300

River: (t1125) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t945 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>
Old 02-21-2007, 12:04 PM

Default Re: 27s: AQo Spew Early?

right...prepare to get burned most of time. Is there a limit to max hands you can paste in a day btw?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right...prepare to get burned most of time. Is there a limit to max hands you can paste in a day btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not...lol...
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 PM

you had the best hand. the only thing i see him folding is a busted spade draw w/ no pair. in general, this isnt a horrible board for a 2nd barrel, b/c the K could have easily hit your hand, but 2nd and 3rd barrels are better with deeper stacks (i.e. not in sngs)
Old 02-21-2007, 12:57 PM

I don't know why you C/F fold this 99% of the time. It is a pretty dry board so a CB should be profitable. Once you get called on the flop, I would not put another chip in the pot if you don't improve. Level 2 2nd and 3rd barells in lower limit SNG are a really bad idea.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Well Mike, I think if he folded on the river it is very likely you had the best hand and weren't bluffing.

This is were I'd use timing tells. After I c-bet this flop, if he quickly calls then I don't mind a second barrel. If he tanks, I'd shut down.

As played I'd probably check that river. I don't think you are folding a K here all that often and if he has a flush draw, your hand is likely to be good.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Mike, I think if he folded on the river it is very likely you had the best hand and weren't bluffing.

This is were I'd use timing tells. After I c-bet this flop, if he quickly calls then I don't mind a second barrel. If he tanks, I'd shut down.

As played I'd probably check that river. I don't think you are folding a K here all that often and if he has a flush draw, your hand is likely to be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you check the river and villains makes a large bet. Are you calling with your Ace high?
Old 02-21-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you check the river and villains makes a large bet. Are you calling with your Ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is a great flop for a flush draw to play aggro if the player is aggro at all. So, if this passive player bet into me on the river, I'd give him credit for at least Kx.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is a great flop for a flush draw to play aggro if the player is aggro at all. So, if this passive player bet into me on the river, I'd give him credit for at least Kx.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are allowing your opponent to take the pot away with air.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are allowing your opponent to take the pot away with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont always brick all 3 streets. with your UTG raising range pushing air on the river will not be a profitable play for the villain.