Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Can\'t beat 25NL

I have around 75,000+ hands at 10NL (.02/.05 on stars) and winning close to 11PTBB/100. Yes, i'm a total bankroll nit. Everytime i play 25nl i get killed. I don't know whether i run bad or what. I did lose my stack around 6 times getting it all in on the turn to lose to 3 outers on the river these past two days.

I play an extremely lag game at 10nl but I tighten up at 25nl. is this a flaw? should i try playing a total lag game, raising anything from any position as i do at 10nl? What the hell does it take to beat 25nl??? please help.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Can\'t beat 25NL

Not much
Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 AM

oh, and dont play a total lag game. LAG isnt really necessary at this limit. TAG gets paid off just fine.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:49 AM

How do you manage to beat NL10 "playing an extremely lag game". Its pretty much impossible.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you manage to beat NL10 "playing an extremely lag game". Its pretty much impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I really enjoy playing 10nl and love reraising with all types of hands. I know i can outplay them postflop. I never limp a single hand at 10nl. I also Cbet 100% of my hands.

At 25nl though I feel like i'm losing because i'm playing too tight. I do raise a lot of hands in position and cbet often depending on the flop but don't understand why i'm losing. It seems my opponents always have a set or some combo draw. Also i think people float a lot at 25nl and i'm not willing to fire a second barrel at 25nl. Can anyone post their stats at 25nl over a large sample size? I'd like to compare stats when I get home.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Honestly, just keep working on your game. When I moved from 10 to 25 I had similar problems. I think its just a comfort thing. YOu just need to get used to the differences. You will figure out what works and what doesnt. I prefer a TAG style at these limits, but thats me.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:10 PM

Try thinking why you are playing too tight.

If its because the stakes are higher, that nonsense and you gonna et used to it.

Is it because your roll is too small and you hurt when you loose?

I mean seriously, 6 buyins swing looks like nothing to me. First time I tryed to move up, I had an 11 buyin swing. Identical stats, everything the same. Just incredible number of suck outs and of course some tilt on my part. But my roll could sustain it so I did not care and just kept on playing my game and eventually it paid off.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 PM

It cracks me up when people say they play a "LAG" game at these small stakes. Why? All you're doing is playing right into the hands of the maniacs at these levels.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It cracks me up when people say they play a "LAG" game at these small stakes. Why? All you're doing is playing right into the hands of the maniacs at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a god postflop, thats why [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nah, really depends, its great to have a bunch of weak tighties that dont know what to do when you raise 40/50% hands.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO tightening up too much just is not good. you feel comfortable with your play at 10NL. Why do you change it?. I tried to change styles when moving up as well and did no good at all. My problem was´to think "So I tightend up - there is no way your hand is better than my AKs". I think position play becomes more important at 25NL. Analyse your hands. In which position did I loose my stack with XYZ holding against XYZ.