Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Dont worry about Frozen Funds. Worry about Forensic Accountants

Everyone is bitching about their frozen Neteller funds. But this is not the big problem. The big problem is that the feds are using FORENSIC accountants to go over all the records Neteller has just handed them on a silver platter. Your records. Do you know when forensic accounting is used by the government? When they plan to file CRIMINAL charges. The forensic accountants the government is using on Neteller accounts are there to find any funds you have not reported to Uncle Sam, so they can nail you with CRIMINAL charges. Do not confuse this with a standard audit. With a standard audit, if the IRS nabs you for underreporting, you pay what you owe plus a penality--and usually(unless you really screwed them)--that is it. But Neteller is much different. It deals with hiding money overseas from the US government and many other issues. Here they can nail you with a variety of CRIMINAL charges too cumbersome and varied to cover (money laundering and international fraud are only a few). This is why they are using FORENSIC accountants and also why you should be much more worried about what they will find in your Neteller records and what they are going to do to you with this information. Frozen funds are a joke compared to this.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:41 PM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.
Default Re: Dont worry about Frozen Funds. Worry about Forensic Accountants

What field of expertise do you work in to back up your claim?
Old 02-14-2007, 02:42 PM

Those of us that payed our taxes have nothing to worry about, now [censored] off
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM

baboonviper, why are you still posting? Can't you find another forum for your hysterical rantings?
Old 02-14-2007, 03:21 PM

OP,

As a 16 year police officer, let me say this to you. You are a moron.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying OP is right, but what does this have anything to do with the OP? You being a police officer I wouldnt think would give you inside info on how forensic accounting is used by the federal government.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not saying OP is right, but what does this have anything to do with the OP? You being a police officer I wouldnt think would give you inside info on how forensic accounting is used by the federal government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please quote where I gave "inside info" on how its used by the federal government. All I did was tell you what the word "forensic" means.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Default DON\'T WORRY ABOUT FORENSIC ACCOUNTANTS

Why would the government spend millions on forensic accounting?

It would cost like $10M to recover $55M of funds. Even if they could recover, since that money is not necessarily income. It's just not worth it for Uncle Sam.

That's what the IRS is for, which is still not worth it for Uncle Sam.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: DON\'T WORRY ABOUT FORENSIC ACCOUNTANTS

hello gaboonviper, I was just wondering where you were this week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

beat: apparently you're not splawndarts
Old 02-14-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: DON\'T WORRY ABOUT FORENSIC ACCOUNTANTS

From what Ive read, the government is using forensic accountants to look at records. What records is not known. What they plan to do with the reocrds is not known.

They may be looking at Neteller records as it relates to money laundering. They may be trying to make sure Americans get their money back and NT doesnt try to steal money. They may turn records over to the IRS. Its all just speculation.

This much I do know. The word "forensic" DOES NOT mean they are planning on filing criminal charges. It means the records are being looked at in relation to some sort of investigation. Whether or not that leads to charges being filed on someone could never be known until the investigation is over.

I really doubt these accountants are going to go over 2.5 million US members' accounts with a fine tooth comb, but as someone else said, pay your taxes and you dont have to worry about what they are looking into.