Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2007, 10:22 AM

Default I want your BB. Standard?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB is 38/0/0.50/53 hands.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Is this standard vs. this player?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: I want your BB. Standard?

yeap - no point raising the turn here, he won't fold as he clearly has a hand from his flop raise
Old 02-13-2007, 11:13 AM

yes.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:17 AM

AF of 0.5 is pretty passive, even with this being a blind battle, the odds are high he's raising with a pair.

I think the flop call getting 7-1 is a slight loser. Call it three outs for the possibly tainted overs, 1 for the backdoor flush, and half an out for the backdoor straight. 4.5 outs at 7-1 is probably a bit marginal of a peel.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AF of 0.5 is pretty passive, even with this being a blind battle, the odds are high he's raising with a pair.
I think the flop call getting 7-1 is a slight loser. Call it three outs for the possibly tainted overs, 1 for the backdoor flush, and half an out for the backdoor straight. 4.5 outs at 7-1 is probably a bit marginal of a peel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This read somewhat contradicts this math. The chances of him having a pair make it significantly less likely he has an over that taints your outs. No way you should be discounting half of the 6 outs.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This read somewhat contradicts this math. The chances of him having a pair make it significantly less likely he has an over that taints your outs. No way you should be discounting half of the 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that discounting half our overcard outs is a bit much, but I think he's more worried about a flopped set than a flopped pair. I tend to agree.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that discounting half our overcard outs is a bit much, but I think he's more worried about a flopped set than a flopped pair. I tend to agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think villain's flop reraise is consistent with a set.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 AM

against this guy? He can have it as soon as he hits the raise button on the flop as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
against this guy? He can have it as soon as he hits the raise button on the flop as far as I'm concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 02-14-2007, 09:38 AM

I think the real debate is on your flop call, since this opponent probably wouldn't raise you with A high or air here.

Our hand has a fairly robust way of improving, and if our BD draws don't come in on the turn, we can easily fold. Also, our opponent is passive and may wrongly give us a free card on the turn even if we miss our BD draws.

Also, it is likely he would slowplay a flopped set (although reads would be nice for this) so we might not be as badly off as we might fear.

I think the worst scenario is when he has a pair with a K or J kicker, and that really is the nightmare situation which would make calling clearly incorrect.

That said, I don't mind a flop call, but a turn call is mandatory (again, I don't think the debate was about the turn.)