Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

So today the moms and I are out driving to pick up a new space heater. We are pulling into the shopping center and this guy in front of us all of a sudden comes to a halt, puts his car in reverse, and backs up to pull into a parking space. My mom flips out and gives him the finger as we drive by. The second we go by, this man guns his engine and follows us to our parking space. He pulls up as both my mom and I are getting out of her blazer and says "Hey, I waved to you to say thanks. Why did you have to go off and give me the finger?" Now he doesn't say this like he is really angry. I mean he seemed annoyed, but nothing I would consider threatening at the point. My mom just keeps walking and I follow her. Well as we are entering the store I see him turn his car around and head back to our blazer. So I tell the moms to go inside and I'm gonna see what the [censored] is going on. I run to our truck and he is writing down the tags and make and model. At least that is what I figure he is doing. I ask him what exactly he is doing and he tells me, "You guys don't know who you're [censored] with."

I then responded with a dude are you serious, this is a little old lady and your going to cause problems? He nodded. He then told me to have a nice day with a dickish smile and gave a crappy salute to me as he drove off.

Now the thing is, this man drove a honda civic red hatchback that had a bad exhaust, and ugly cheap looking black rims. If he was important I would imagine he drove a nicer car. I feel like if he was a criminal, we would have got into some sort of physical altercation.

I called the cops and they basically said the only thing we could do is file a threat report. I got his tag # as well just in case.

The strangest part about is at no point did he seemed really angry, just annoyed and bent on revenge.

What is my play?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

Also,I heard there was a way to get your info off of the dmv. Is this possible?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive threats.

Just forget about it.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Mom flips off another driver while driving, guy makes passive thre

yet another reason why flipping anyone off at any time is an incredibly dumb idea, especially if you are particularly feeble or a woman
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yet another reason why flipping anyone off at any time is an incredibly dumb idea, especially if you are particularly feeble or a woman

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. Unless you're purposely out looking for confrontation (in which case you're a dbag anyway) it is never a good idea to flip someone off, especially while driving.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM

Good reason not to flip off people you don't know. I thought people grew out of that behavior at some point in their lives.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:32 PM

keep his tag # and dont forget it.

this is probably an idle threat from some poor joe six-pack. if you are unlucky and he is a psycho, at least you'll be able to hunt him down for revenge should anything come of this.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:45 PM

I probably would have told the guy something like, "I have your tag number, if anything happens to us, the police will be coming your way to investigate." Then I'd flip him off very vigorously, with BOTH hands, jump around some and start screaming "YEAH I'M FLIPPING YOU OFF SO [censored] HARD!!! YOU SHOULD FIGURE OUT SOME WAY TO HURT ME CUZ MY MIDDLE FINGERS ARE SO RIDGED AND STIFF AND POINTED UP TOWARD THE SKY! YEAH YOU CAN'T HELP BUT HAVE YOUR FEELINGS HURT BY MY STIFF MIDDLE FINGERS, THEY'RE OH SO RIDGED AND YET KISSABLY SUPPLE! YEEEEAHHH HURT ME HURT ME HURT ME HURT ME..." until he leaves.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:49 PM

The funny thing is, that is exactly how I felt. Like who cares. It's a lady giving you the finger. Like get over it. If you harm a 50 year old woman, will you feel better about yourself? Will that make you sleep better. Way to be a big man, I'm sure your parents and friends are proud.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say at this point.. I want to wait and hear TxRedMan's side of the story first.