Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 10:09 AM

Default TPTK, flop minraise, plan for turn?

No real reads here. What does the minraise mean, and how do I attack the turn if I call?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($10.20)
Button ($9.90)
SB ($13.75)
Keys ($9.85)
UTG ($8.75)
UTG+1 ($13.65)
MP1 ($9.35)
MP2 ($3.55)

Preflop: Keys is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Keys raises to $0.6</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.80) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Keys bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $3</font>, SB folds, Keys ???
Old 02-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: TPTK, flop minraise, plan for turn?

It is either a monster or a marginal hand at these stakes (or a FD; but the board is dry in this case). You really need reads; or at least stats for the villain.

Against a LAGish opponent I would probably check-call reasonable bets to river and get shown down Q7o often. Against a calling station or rock I would hopefully fold.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Call and see what the turn is. We've got a BD flush draw to help with here too.

I'd probably Check almost any turn, it's not like there are any real draws out there he's trying to buy a free turn card on.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 PM

honestly for 10nl and readless, i'd just get it in. if you call the flop you're gonna end up getting it in anyways as you'll have less than a psb left on the turn. you'll be ahead and get called by a pocket pair or worse Q here extremely often.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Good point on stack sizes (I'm bad!)

I actually think we're more likely to get all of KQ/JQ's money if we call here, rather than push. Not that this guy is likely to fold to a push if he's mini-raising a weak queen...but he might (sometimes they use mini-bets as feelers for where they are at)

If we just call, then I think the pot size makes it too juicy for that type of hand to get away. As noted, we're not going to get away here given stacks (I cant see how)
Old 02-05-2007, 12:38 PM

Sonofa....

I guess this downswing is all variance then. This is the only hand I questioned.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:02 PM

How big a downswing did you have? And what happened in this hand in the end Keys?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly for 10nl and readless, i'd just get it in. if you call the flop you're gonna end up getting it in anyways as you'll have less than a psb left on the turn. you'll be ahead and get called by a pocket pair or worse Q here extremely often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have thought pushing TPTK was a big leak here. Is KQ/QJ calling, is anything we beat folding? The limp/call preflop smells like a speculative hand, maybe he's min-raising to find out where his PP is with one overcard, or he just made his set?

I would probably peel one off.