Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Poker.com?? Whats the story...

I think i once played at poker.com after getting home from a party drunk and looking for some fun as sex with the dogg was outta the question.

Anyway I visit the site today and its some kinda fake "poker site" advertising for a few poker rooms (carbonpoker+ pacificpoker).

I look at carbon and is wondering about playing some drunk poker again today but I am not sure if this is a skin of poker.com or if my money is safe there knwing i once had a poker.com account.

I have forgotten my old account but just signed up to carbon (wow real nice brandname compared to poker.com lol)with my old info and got no warnings.

The software looks real nice.

Can anyone give me the story about this poker.com/carbonpoker.com BS?
Old 02-03-2007, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Poker.com?? Whats the story...

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/news.asp?poker=637
Old 02-03-2007, 01:11 AM

Thanks.

So it should be within the rules to create a carbon account as i dont have one (i have a poker.com account).

Hmmm not sure if im drunk enough to deposit because ruining the worlds best online poker brand is just sooooo stupid!

Links to pacificpoker and onlinepluspoker which is just a front for pacific.

This smells LOL.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:34 AM

Another poster somewhere wrote that the Poker.Com domain had contracted with other poker sites to have advert links. Then when Poker.Com became the name of a poker site (and not just a linkpage), they apparently are honoring that committment on their homepage.

Have no idea if this is true but makes some sense. Poker.com is a real poker site that is apparently growing. I have never played there myself.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker.com is a real poker site that is apparently growing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They (poker.com) dont accept any new players. But Carbonpoker does, which is poker.com...sorta..

And the advertising for other sites is obviously poor business practice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone,

I've noticed a few questions pop up regarding the Poker.com website and CarbonPoker, so thought I would shed some light on the topic.

As far as Poker.com the online poker room is concerned, nothing has changed and it is business as normal.

Poker.com the website has changed to become a poker portal, but without online poker software of it's own. The Poker.com software will continue to operate as it has been for all existing players and your account will still be looked after by the same people (You just can't get rid of me).

The first brand from the newly created Merge Gaming Network has been launched - CarbonPoker.com. We are very excited about Carbon Poker. It will enable us to advertise in mainstream media, something that was unable to be done with the Poker.com brand. We will also be focusing on having a much larger presence at live tournament events and hope to see our players wearing our brand on televised feature tables.

As always all funds are 100% safe in your cashier account. From an operational perspective, nothing has changed behind the scenes and all the same staff are running the Merge Network. The Merge Network comprises of both the Poker.com software and CarbonPoker.com and many new brands will be added over the coming months.

We hope you are as excited about the new network and brand, plus all the extra players that we will be adding to the Merge network over the coming months. You will still have access to all your favourite staff and one of the tightest knit poker communities on the Internet.

Thanks for all of the good times we shared as Poker.com and we look forward to even better times ahead for all members of the Merge Gaming Network.

PS: If you are an existing Poker.com member and must uninstall the software for whatever reason, you can login to your player admin via www.pokercs.com and click the "Re-Download Software" link in the bottom left corner.

Thanks again!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-03-2007, 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i once played at poker.com after getting home from a party drunk and looking for some fun.../[ QUOTE ]

I think Iam drunk from parting too, should I be at poker.com or is carbonpoker.com the rite sight? Please help..both will take my monies.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think i once played at poker.com after getting home from a party drunk and looking for some fun...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Iam drunk from parting too, should I be at poker.com or is carbonpoker.com the rite sight? Please help..both will take my monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are essentially the same. If you have an account already at Poker.com, you can keep playing there and will be playing with both Poker.com and CarbonPoker players. If you do not already have an account, you will sign up for CarbonPoker, as Poker.com is no longer taking new customers.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:36 PM

like i can remember that old account haha!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:17 PM

i met a guy, playig live, at the Aussie Millions, who had a business card saying he was the Director of Gaming at Poker.com.

He told me that they were based in Brisbane, Australia.

I imagine that if you have a dispute with them they'd be a lot more accessible than Isle of Man/Bermuda/Gibraltar/other little country.