Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Check from Neteller?

So i just requested a check as the last resort. I realize I'll have to wait many weeks for it, but do i have to worry about my bank (Wachovia) accepting it?

Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Check from Neteller?

If the USA Today article is true, I seriously doubt you will get a check anytime soon. No timeframe is better defined if that article is accurate.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So i just requested a check as the last resort. I realize I'll have to wait many weeks for it, but do i have to worry about my bank (Wachovia) accepting it?

[/ QUOTE ]

A check from Neteller doesn't actually come from Neteller.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you go to your bank when they are not open, you won't be able to deposit it. Might want to wait until you actually get a check, then carefully plan your trip to the bank for a day and a time when they are open and accepting business.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you go to your bank when they are not open, you won't be able to deposit it. Might want to wait until you actually get a check, then carefully plan your trip to the bank for a day and a time when they are open and accepting business.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can deposit ATM.

man, i find you becoming more obnoxious and annoying adding nothing of value to threads. only smart ass responses.

werent you banned in OOT?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:31 PM

No, I wasn't banned in OOT. Why would I get banned?

And how can I not add value to a thread worrying about if a bank will cash a legit check that may or may not ever come?

I like tacos. <<< There! Value has been added considering the OP starting value.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like tacos.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, you are so yesterday. Don't you know it's quesadillas now? Geez.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

man, i find you becoming more obnoxious and annoying adding nothing of value to threads. only smart ass responses.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM

Default How To Cash a Check

HOW TO CASH A CHECK

a. If you have a bank account somewhere, take it there to cash it. You can go through the drive-thru or inside. Signing the back is called "endorsing", so endorse the check and give it to the teller along with your picture I.D.

b. If you don't have a bank account anywhere, you can take it to the bank that issued the check. Look on the check, you'll see the logo or name of the bank somewhere. They will also take it. Do the same procedure: endorse the back and give it to the teller with your I.D.

If you're in the drive-thru I usually don't even say anything if I'm so far away I can't see them. I just put the check in with my I.d. and they give me the money and say "thanks".

If you don't have any of those options you'll have to find a grocery store or something that cashes checks. I think Wal-Mart can do it. You'll probably be required to spend some portion of your check, like 20% at their store. I've actually never done this before, YMMV. Most stores do not do this anymore.

You could also find a "check cashing" business. They will require a good ID, ask you some questions, you will probably have to give your thumb print on the check. They will attempt to call the bank and verify that the check is good. They will charge you a nice big fat fee for cashing the check.

Some notes on check cashing:

Endorsing the check -- you should sign your name, exactly how it appears on the front of the check, in the upper 1/3 portion of the check (it should be be marked on which end).
Sign using Ink, not pencil.

Idenification -- Your Blockbuster membership card probably will not do. You need some official Government agency ID with your picture. Examples would be a Driver's License, State ID Card, etc. Some places may require two forms of ID, if you are not cashing the check at your bank where you have an account. A credit card with your name, passport, etc. would be a good back-up ID.

Count your money -- When they give you the money from your check, count it right there in front of the teller. You will probably be out of luck if you just grab the cash and come back the next day trying to tell them you were short $10.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: How To Cash a Check

Wal*Mart only cashes payroll checks upto $1000 and no you don;t need to spend no 20% in thier store..

[ QUOTE ]
HOW TO CASH A CHECK

a. If you have a bank account somewhere, take it there to cash it. You can go through the drive-thru or inside. Signing the back is called "endorsing", so endorse the check and give it to the teller along with your picture I.D.

b. If you don't have a bank account anywhere, you can take it to the bank that issued the check. Look on the check, you'll see the logo or name of the bank somewhere. They will also take it. Do the same procedure: endorse the back and give it to the teller with your I.D.

If you're in the drive-thru I usually don't even say anything if I'm so far away I can't see them. I just put the check in with my I.d. and they give me the money and say "thanks".

If you don't have any of those options you'll have to find a grocery store or something that cashes checks. I think Wal-Mart can do it. You'll probably be required to spend some portion of your check, like 20% at their store. I've actually never done this before, YMMV. Most stores do not do this anymore.

You could also find a "check cashing" business. They will require a good ID, ask you some questions, you will probably have to give your thumb print on the check. They will attempt to call the bank and verify that the check is good. They will charge you a nice big fat fee for cashing the check.

Some notes on check cashing:

Endorsing the check -- you should sign your name, exactly how it appears on the front of the check, in the upper 1/3 portion of the check (it should be be marked on which end).
Sign using Ink, not pencil.

Idenification -- Your Blockbuster membership card probably will not do. You need some official Government agency ID with your picture. Examples would be a Driver's License, State ID Card, etc. Some places may require two forms of ID, if you are not cashing the check at your bank where you have an account. A credit card with your name, passport, etc. would be a good back-up ID.

Count your money -- When they give you the money from your check, count it right there in front of the teller. You will probably be out of luck if you just grab the cash and come back the next day trying to tell them you were short $10.

[/ QUOTE ]