Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: AJs
fold 23 100.00%
call 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Top Chef Finale 1/31

So tonight's the big night. Marcel against Ilan. Foam versus saffron. Syndrome and Metrosexual Man, mano a mano. A whiny bitch who's arrogant and always getting emotions riled up, against probably the worst rapper ever who can find a thousand culinary uses for xanthan gum.

From the commercials I've seen, it looks like each chef is preparing a five course meal, but the themes may be different. It doesn't seem as if they are going to get help from the last four contestants.

You know, on the first day I saw you, I just wanted to smack you in the mouth. - Ilan, to Marcel

I'm glad it's Ilan and me in the final. We'll settle this once and for all. - Marcel

So who do you think is going to win? And who are you pulling for tonight? I wonder if these two are gonna get in a fight.

ScottieK
Old 01-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: Top Chef Finale 1/31

Here's who will win:

<font color="white">
On January 29th, for at least 15 minutes, an interview and profile article was posted about the winner of the 2nd season. While it was pulled down shortly after fans found it, news of the gaffe - and the name of the winner - quickly made its way around the various message boards and blogs. On January 30th, in an apparent attempt to cover for their error, Food and Wine posted two articles, one featuring Ilan and one featuring Marcel, each written as if the subject had won, claiming that they'd had both versions ready to go for publication after the announcement was made. Many fans, however, were skeptical of the 2nd article, as the majority of the quotes seemed to be from previously published interviews, and there was no indication that the author of the article had actually spoken to the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_%28Season_2%29 </font>
Old 01-31-2007, 12:52 PM

Grrrrrr....I'm not looking not looking not looking....this is like recording a big game so you'll watch it later, then someone tells you who won before you get a chance to watch it. Nope, not looking.

FWIW, I voted Marcel across the board. Although Ilan does have a height and reach advantage, I think that once Marcel rakes him across the eyes and slaps Ilan's glasses off, he'll have a big advantage.

ScottieK
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 PM

better team by Marcel.

what's up with the bay leaf for dessert?
Old 02-01-2007, 12:02 AM

Damn, Ilan wins. I hate that guy and am not at all impressed by his cuisine.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn, Ilan wins. I hate that guy and am not at all impressed by his cuisine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate him too. For all the complaining about Marcel's personality, if there's one person's I wouldn't put above it, it's Ilan's.

Although Elia's backstabbing really sucked too. I love how she got caught a couple times complaining about Marcel's performance in the final without having actually tasted his food. She was just on hate-autopilot.

And frankly, it seems to me Ilan was the very instrumental in keeping that going and increasing it throughout the last half of the competition. Even in his final words to the judges, he got multiple jabs in at Marcel. Holy crap man, give the hate a break! Very disgusting.

Oh, and Spanish food again? Okay. In Hawaii. Okey doke.

And that from someone who repeatedly makes fun of other people's cooking.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 AM

Well that sucked, I thought Marcel killed that challenge and Ilan did the same [censored] he has done every week. But the judges got to eat it and they know more about food than me so I guess I can't really say that they made the wrong choice.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that sucked, I thought Marcel killed that challenge and Ilan did the same [censored] he has done every week. But the judges got to eat it and they know more about food than me so I guess I can't really say that they made the wrong choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marcel had 5 dishes. One was a green salad and one was Sam's idea. How is that "killing it"?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The judges blogs explain it pretty well. I thought Marcel too. The blogs really help show the whole story.

b