Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Dad wants to move in with me and my friend...

Here's the quick story: I met up with an high school buddy who happened to be in the same city as I am. I just got done with university and found a job, currently living with my Uncle (along with my Dad and Grandma). So after bumping into him, we decided to rent out own place to live, which I was totally down with - I can not stand my Grandma's insistent nagging and moaning. (I never show this though, out of my respect for my Grandma, but I just need some personal space and 'air'.)

So we found this neat 2 room apartment right across the subway station, with furniture and all. Signed and all that jazz. Two days before we move in, Dad decides to move in with us.

A quick run down about my Dad, he's always working when we were growing up, making money so he could send his kids to decent school. Being the eldest, he hardly jokes around with me and keeps the pressure on. You can say I am not close to him as my other siblings are. And now that he decides to move in with us...the first thought is, ofcourse, WTF.

Some thoughts that cross my mind are:
- My buddy hardly knows my Dad, how is this fair to him?
- I'm not letting my Dad sleeping in the living room, as taking up that area will definitly make my room mate a bit uncomfortable. Thus I'll be staying in the living room and my Dad's going to take my room.
- Why didn't he say anything about this, the least we could have done is let my room mate know before hand or get a 3 room apartment.
- Me and my bud is 20+ years old, having my Dad live with us is just going to make things tricky...

Current emotion status: Doh!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Dad wants to move in with me and my friend...

How did he just decide to movie in with you? Was there a conversation? Did he show up at your door with a sleeping bag? It's a bad situation for you since you seem to respect your dad, but don't particularly get along with him.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did he just decide to movie in with you? Was there a conversation? Did he show up at your door with a sleeping bag? It's a bad situation for you since you seem to respect your dad, but don't particularly get along with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause as I was surfing the net 20 mins ago, he is going around packing his stuff. I asked him, where ya going. He replies, "oh, thought I might move in with you and your buddy. You guys lives pretty close to where I work. And Uncle's house is getting a bit too cramped." (Since my Auntie and her son came back for Holiday.)
Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 PM

He´s kidding.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He´s kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that was my thought too, Ill bet he is plannign a trip, and is messing with you??? hopefully..
Old 01-27-2007, 11:18 PM

If i was your roomate i would not be happy. I mean i am moving in with a old buddy, who is pretty close in age to have a fun experience. Then i hear that my friends dad is moving in too, it would sound like all my dream partys would not go on. Not to mention when i bring a girl back and she sees a father there it would get kinda wierd for her.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:24 PM

If I was your roommate and this really happened, I would lose all respect for you and know you weren't reliable financially or in any other way, because you are not the person solely responsible for what goes on in your life.

That the someone else who is jumping in to live your life for you without your objection is your father also shows you have lousy judgment and are living like a child. I would not want to chance my living arrangements either on a child or on his father.

Plus, at 20 I wouldn't want to hang around someone's dad all the time. What a huge downer.

This sounds so absurd I gotta think either your dad is pulling your leg or this post is a troll. Bad news if neither of those is true.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention when i bring a girl back and she sees a father there it would get kinda wierd for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, simple solution to this one..... train
Old 01-28-2007, 06:06 AM

um...tell him no
Old 01-28-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause as I was surfing the net 20 mins ago, he is going around packing his stuff. I asked him, where ya going. He replies, "oh, thought I might move in with you and your buddy. You guys lives pretty close to where I work. And Uncle's house is getting a bit too cramped." (Since my Auntie and her son came back for Holiday.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta tell him now because it'll be too late once he moves in. You gotta be straight with him. It might hurt his feelings, but better to talk it out now than to have a big fight down the road.

ps....

Is this your dad?