Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Consider this offer

Hey folks,

My name is Scott and I played online poker for about a year before the US ban started. Most of you pros would only consider me a recreational player. I quit at that time and withdrew all my funds for fear that the sky was falling. Since then I have played some BM poker but I have 3 kids and other constraints so I can only get over there about twice a month. Internet poker is much more convenient.

Please read my posts if you would like to know more about me.

Last week I got a free $5 from Doyle's Room and decided to play online again. I'm playing .02/.04 LHE with the plan of building my BR w/o depositing. In fact, I have promised my wife that I wouldn't deposit for internet poker.

It didn't take me long to realize that the .02/.04 poker is a total joke, but I confess that I am a bit impatient and working my way up is way EV-. So I'm looking for someone to stake me for online poker. I was quite successful at 2/4 LHE on Party and have played as high as 5/10, though I found that I didn't belong there. My stats are coming in the next post.

What I am looking for is someone to fund me to play either .10/.20 or .25/.5. I would hope to be funded at least 10 buy-ins of $5 or $12.5. My offer is 50% of winnings at the .10/.20 level or 55% at the .25/.5 level. At whichever level I was funded, I would play at this deal till I had worked the BR up to the level needed to take a shot at the next level of stakes with 10 buy-ins. At that point, I would either return the stake plus % of winnings or make any new deal that could be agreed apon. If that amount of funding is unrealistic, I would consider playing at lower stakes or with a smaller bankroll. However, playing with an underfunded BR makes me nervous about the success of the venture. I'm willing to discuss it.

psw

ps. Mods, of course, use your discression regarding this post.

Edit/MH: Locked as looking for backers posts are no longer accepted in the forums.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Consider this offer

Shoot. I forgot how to post a picture here. I need to figure that out, stats coming.

psw
Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM

So you win money playing poker but your wife won't let you deposit. Sounds fishy.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you win money playing poker but your wife won't let you deposit. Sounds fishy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually know a few people on lockdown like this. Whipped.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 PM

I expected a certain amount of this. Let's not waste too much bandwidth with it...

Old 01-22-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually know a few people on lockdown like this. Whipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whipped? Suckered is more like it.

Why do rationally thinking males turn their every decision over to a female upon marriage? I just don't get the concept here. I hear it all the time as excuses for not being able to attend home games, go fishing, hiking, deposit a couple hundo on PokerStars, whatever, you name it.

I think my 20+ year marriage has survived this long because neither one of us would even consider asking "permission" for something as trivial as depositing a bit of extra money online.

Forget about getting staked. I'd work on that there relationship with the "ole lady".

</rant>

Onaflag.........
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM

Dude, go hock something you don't want anymore. Between rake and 50% of profit you're better off on your own BR at a lower limit.

Also, you realize your BB/100 is less than one, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, go hock something you don't want anymore. Between rake and 50% of profit you're better off on your own BR at a lower limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true. Please do the math.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you realize your BB/100 is less than one, right? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is because of the considerable portion of my games played at 5/10.
psw
Old 01-22-2007, 05:39 PM

Ok... I will explain you something.

You have won : 1787.92$
You have played : 1033.65 hours
You have played : 74401 hands

1787.92$/1033.65h = 1.72$/hre

You should definitively start at the bottom and move after 20k+ hands with 7bb/100 and more.

You have serious leaks and you need to patch it before playing 5/10.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have serious leaks and you need to patch it before playing 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

For one, your VPIP for the most part is going backwards [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread