Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Default What\'s your earliest memory?

Mine:

When I was ~2 1/2 years old I remember being in a playground when the ice cream truck pulled up. All the kids ran to get in line so I did too. I saw the ice cream man ask the kids what they wanted and he would give them ice cream. When my turn came he did the same. I can still remember looking up into his face. I don't remember what I asked for but he gave it to me and I, real happy, turned away to go and eat it. He caught my arm and asked 'Where's the money?' and I said 'What's money?' so he took the ice cream back. I was left standing there thinking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] My father who was watching from a little way off came running over to pay and I was happy again. He told me years later that he was watching just to see what was going to happen. I'm still a little traumatized over money.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: What\'s your earliest memory?

what did your dad expect to happen? i can understand the traumatiazation if thats a word.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what did your dad expect to happen? i can understand the traumatiazation if thats a word.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was his sense of humor, I guess. I'd tell the story of the time he let me get drunk when I was 13 just to see what would happen but it's pretty disgusting and I think he was real sorry he let it happen.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:55 AM

I have memory of me in my high chair, eating chicken. My mom had a very rough day (I was later told), and got very upset when discovering she had overcooked the chicken. I did not care, and continued to eat it. But then I dropped it on the floor, and no one noticed because my dad was consoling my mom. I have a vivid memory of peering over the edge of the high chair at the chicken on the floor.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:55 AM

I can remember being about 2 1/4 and seeing the leaves falling off the trees. I got very excited because I thought it was snowing, and it didn't snow much in Houston.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM

This isn't my earliest memory, but we moved to a new house when I was 3 years old. My only recollection of the old house was it being empty except for a bunch of moving boxes...I have no idea what it looked like when we were actually living in it.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd tell the story of the time he let me get drunk when I was 13 just to see what would happen but it's pretty disgusting and I think he was real sorry he let it happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

storytime pls
Old 01-22-2007, 12:55 PM

Some weird house in the middle of nowhere. Either there was rabbit being served or just rabbits there. I also remember a staircase and a gate.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:55 PM

my earliest memory (i think) was when i was about 1 or 2. my family was at my grandparents house and my grandfather was riding through the forest on his tractor. he let my older brother ride with him, but i couldn't go because i was too small. that was my one and only memory of my grandfather, as he died soon after.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 PM

I have two if you can call the second one a memory.

1. I am about 5. Its afternoon and we live in Bristol, Connecticut. I come running in after playing outside, and ask my mom what's for dinner. She tells me (but I don't remember what) and I say "YUCK!"

That's the entire memory.

Now for the weird one.

2. We are living in a house in New Hampshire (I think, its foggier now). Upstairs in my parent's bedroom. My mom is sitting by the bed, crying, or close to it. She has a letter with an "Air mail" airplane on it. Its from my dad. He is not coming back from his military station as early as he thought he was, and my mom is very upset. I am trying to tell her that everything is ok, but she is not responding.

I talked to my mom about this memory a long time ago, when I was in my late teens, early twenties. The house I remember and could describe perfectly in New Hampshire was the house my mom lived in a few years BEFORE I WAS BORN.

*insert scary ghost music here*

Ray