Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Comments on Negreanu\'s recent blog?

http://cardplayer.com/blog/entry/188

"Without God I'm Useless"

Pretty open and honest. I don't know that I needed to know, i'm not a Christian myself, but I can understand the guy feeling a need to share something like that.

For those Negreanu haters out there he does mention some of his personality flaws:
[ QUOTE ]
This affects my poker mind, but frankly, I could care less about any of that. I'm more concerned with the person I've become recently, and I don't like that guy one bit. I'm often irritated, jealous, venomous, spiteful, arrogant, mean, insecure, and all around unhappy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daniel is over opinionated and sometimes arrogant. Annie Duke can be bitchy. Hellmuth acts like a child and whines when he loses. So does Matusow about his bad luck. etc etc

But at the end of the day these people are all human, just like us, with flaws and imperfections just like us. They say things they wish they hadn't just like us, fortunately for us we don't have a microphone and camera in our face for every screw up.

I know this comes across a little sappy (or maybe that's just this damn John Mayer song on iTunes..) but this blog seemed like a good spot to make a point that needs to be made on this forum from time to time.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Comments on Negreanu\'s recent blog?

I liked the humanity of Daniel's blog. I think he opens himself to the abuse he recieves here with his straight-forward approach, and that as long as the Internet is faceless, he'll continue to. It's unfortunate, because some people who have taken the same approach have been driven away by trolls (not just here). Fortunately, I don't think Daniel will ever be one of them.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:08 AM

I am limitlessley amazed by these God People and their need to tell us about their Magnificent God and their Relationship with Him.

Particularly when it is a person who has time and again shown us that he is anything BUT averse to pettiness and avarice.

It's true that Negreanu seems sincere from time to time. But it is also true that he is often a transparently mendacious asshat.

Just ask Annie Duke or Greg Raymer.

I have an ex-girlfriend who is a "Buddhist." She goes to retreats, and works in soup kitchens and meditates.

Then she watches the Golden Globes and talks about how fat this actress is or how badly dressed that actor is.

What a joke.

Hence, the "ex."
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am limitlessley amazed by these God People and their need to tell us about their Magnificent God and their Relationship with Him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh ... don't read it?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this blog seemed like a good spot to make a point that needs to be made on this forum from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that point would be what, pray tell?

[Hehhehhhehehehhehheheh... pray... get it...]
Old 01-20-2007, 01:34 AM

Yes, we shouldn't talk about or do anything good because when we inevitably do something bad we will come across like a hypocrite.

Better to act like an selfish ass all the time.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, we shouldn't talk about or do anything good because when we inevitably do something bad we will come across like a hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 01-20-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about, dude? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Will somebody in this thread start making sense?

Otherwise I guess I'll go ask some old, very wise man, who lives up in the sky somewhere, if he can give me some guidance. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2007, 02:22 AM

For someone who tries to come off as being very smart his take on the whole god thing is just silly. I respect him as a poker player but he needs to tone down the jesus loves me and wwjd stuff
Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 AM

I love how rushmore's point is so easily twisted. It's simple, folks: If you believe in God, and that's your thing, fine. But don't treat it like that's the answer and you can continue being a petty and small-minded human-- but your actual behavior doesn't matter because of your "relationship with God".